shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the exact thickness???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Does anyone know the exact (or approx.) thickness of the shank on a Tiffany six-prong ring? I tried one on over the weekend and it looked very nice. It was a standard size 6 ring that they displays. I have small figures (ring size 3 1/4) and many rings look too bulky, but the Tiffany six-prong ring looked just right!

Thank you all for helping! :rolleyes:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany setting is a hot topic these days! I don't know the exact measurements of the Tiffany true setting, but I believe it's around 2mm..which is pretty thin. I like thin rings, so I thought it was perfect. I have seen similar knife edge Tiffany style mountings. Also I believe Ashford.Com sells a 2mm Tiffany 6 prong in platinum for around $400.

Do a search on the web (google maybe) for Tiffany engagement and then search for ones with thinner bands. Or call up your local mall jewelers and find out what the mm's are of their bands. I did this for a few...and they are usually pretty reasonably priced. Then if you find one, you can take it to where you bought the diamond to have it set. If they do that. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results