shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the difference btwn sonic and ultra-sonic cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
40.gif
I''m so confused! I''ve read great things about the SI ultra-sonic cleaner. I currently have a Hagerty sonic cleaner. Is there some great difference between these two products?

Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Dollars to donuts it's the ultra.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
An ultrasonic cleaner uses very high-frequency vibrations to power the dirt off your jewelry. "Sonic" cleaners are cheap knock-offs that do nothing but shake your jewelry around for a few minutes. They are marketed by companies hoping you''ll be confused by the terminology and buy their products simply because they cost less than ultrasonic cleaners, which typically cost around $100.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 3:37:41 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
An ultrasonic cleaner uses very high-frequency vibrations to power the dirt off your jewelry. ''Sonic'' cleaners are cheap knock-offs that do nothing but shake your jewelry around for a few minutes. They are marketed by companies hoping you''ll be confused by the terminology and buy their products simply because they cost less than ultrasonic cleaners, which typically cost around $100.

GOODNESS!
7.gif
I received my Hagerty Sonic Jewelry Cleaner from my jeweler when I picked-up my ring. I clean it everyday and use the little brush too, so it''s always nice and clean.

Maybe Santa will bring me one of those cool SI Ultra Sonic Cleaners I hear raves about!
21.gif

Thanks!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 4:33:51 PM
Author: metro

GOODNESS!
7.gif
I received my Hagerty Sonic Jewelry Cleaner from my jeweler when I picked-up my ring. I clean it everyday and use the little brush too, so it''s always nice and clean.
It''s not that they don''t work, it''s just that they don''t work any better than soaking your ring in cleaning solution and brushing it.

The supply catalogs sell those things for about $5 a piece to be used as exactly the sort of lagniappe you describe.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results