shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats the best deal for the money?

Rubywoo

Rough_Rock
Hello!
Would anyone help me pick the best deal for the money...around $200...out of the items listed in this online shop? Sorry for the very specific question!:) thank you for your advice!
The site is...;-)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleCoterie

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is kind of a tough question since everyone's taste is different. Are there some pieces you are debating between? I can tell you I have personally corresponded with this seller and she is very nice and prompt in getting additional pictures and video of items.

Rubywoo

Rough_Rock
This is kind of a tough question since everyone's taste is different. Are there some pieces you are debating between? I can tell you I have personally corresponded with this seller and she is very nice and prompt in getting additional pictures and video of items.

Thank you! ..i was thinking of the 2 opal rings, the 1895 diamond garnet ring, and the 18k white diamond anniversary band size 6.=)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all really pretty. Things to consider, opals can be delicate so would be more suited for occasional wear, the garnet ring is very nice but honestly the 18k diamond band might be the best "deal". I'm thinking of the wearability of that band, you could wear it alone or stack it, very versatile and the engraving looks crisp on it. That would be my pick =)2

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
In terms of gold value, the 18k gold ring would be worth the most but I like the garnet ring the most because the year and maker is so clearly marked, and it looks to me to be really good condition. Of course, I don’t know how collectable Allsopp Bros are.

What speaks the most to you?

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
The 18k white gold diamond band ($264) is pretty - but I do see that the engraving is the back of the band is very worn and rubbed off( I think this is shown in the fourth photo of the listing). This could be an indication that it has been resized. Also one of the diamonds looks smaller and is not set properly - this could mean that it is a replacement.
The Victorian garnet ring is very nice - since the personalized engravings and makers mark are so crisp, the ring may not have been worn very much. I would double check with the seller to make sure all prongs are present and secure.
If I were to choose, I would pick the garnet ring.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
If you are especially interested in the 18k diamond band, they can be found fairly frequently on ebay.
I quickly looked to see what was currently listed. To give you and example, there is one listed that has five diamonds and is marked 18k with platinum top ( I have owned some of these bands that are both 18k and platinum). It has some wear to the design, so it is not the best that I think you can find for the money. It is a "buy it now" ($275) with a "best offer" - free shipping and 30 day money back. If you aren't looking for a band that doesn't have perfectly crisp engraving, a low $ best offer is always possible.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Diamond-Band-18KT-White-Gold-With-Platimun-Top-Size-6/292532857329?hash=item441c5129f1:g:uAMAAOSwWida26JY&_fsrp=1&LH_PrefLoc=1&_udlo=66&_sop=10&_pgn=4&_nkw=18+diamond+band+-10+-9+-clad+-sterling+-silver&_udhi=345&_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=10|4&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0#rpdCntId

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, the best value would be the piece I’d wear the most. From a style perspective that would be the garnet ring, except that... the garnets don’t appear to be well matched - one looks a bit smaller and less saturated in color than the other. That might be an artifact of the photography. If it’s that way in real life however that would drive me bonkers and I probably wouldn’t wear the ring match. It’s something I’d want to ask the seller about. My second choice would be the Alsop opal ring. I love the unique design; I’m a little concerned about the potential for damaging those high-domed stones. I like the larger opal ring too, but it’s design is less obviously antique(or unique) and I think you’d have to factor in the cost of getting that bezel repaired.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love them all equally, I would suggest the diamond band simply because it's the most practical.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results