shape
carat
color
clarity

What''''s the average diamond size where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
LienTN, "Everyone living overseas that is Viet won''t be caught dead in less the 3 carats" is a blanket statement if I ever heard one. Do you KNOW EVERYONE that lives overseas? If you can''t see that it is much more of a sterotype then anything that KristyDarling said. Furthur more, I don''t think you alluding to diamondfan or any of the other ladies that have big stones, or putting words in my mouth as to whether or not I find these woman materialistic is silly. That''s needlessly inflammatory toward women that are wonderful. Period.

Incidently, I don''t think my original answer to your post was anything more then mild annoyance. But you needlessly jumped all over KristyDarling and you''re calling her statements politcally incorrect. Personally, my fiance has been considering a 2.7-3 carat upgrade and I''m offended by YOUR statements. Imagine any Viet girl who isn''t in the same circumstances? Yet I''m not the least offended by anything that Kristy Darling has said. I think that says it all.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What was the question again?
41.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 12:00:20 AM
Author: KristyDarling

And btw, I''m touched by how many of you were able to see past the BS and perceive what was really going on here. Thanks, guys.
I just have to add here that I''ve been following (and surprisingly staying out of it LOL) but I read it all along the way and NEVER thought you were inappropriate let alone anything worse. ((((KD))))

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I live in a North Carolina area with high military concentration so it ranges anywhere from .25 to 2.5 with most being around .75 to 1.00

jfan

Rough_Rock
Glad to see this thread back on topic
2.gif

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
LienTN- I won''t waste alot of words here listing all of you issues. Bottom line - you sound a little crazy!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, apologies to the OP for this thread-jack.

Ok, I said that was my last post on this subject (not the original subject unfortunately), but here I am again. I promise this will be my last post on this subject and I will not read this thread or respond to it any more.
1.gif
I will also not resort to using "flowery" language, like some of you have (you know who you are!).

KD, I was actually not apologising and will not. I will not apologise for something I believe in - a principle, that principle being that one should be more politically sensitive abt what one says, esp. when one lives in a multi-culural, multi-racial social that most of us do these days. Granted you were answering Alleycat''s question and confirmed that yr friends'' parents are boat people and Vietnamese (and that''s what I meant when I said I''d jumped the gun - you were not speaking abt Vietnamese in general). BUT you also talked abt yr friend''s parents "having little education... trying to eke out a living.. having a material wealth..as if that can give them a sense of security". That struck me as being politically incorrect. Having grown up in London, which has its fair share of social tension, I''d never ever refer in the same conversation to someone''s race/ nationality and their lack of education etc. I have personally witnessed as well as read in the papers and seen on TV fights that have been started and people that have been killed over less overt things than that. And of course, I do NOT condone violence nor say that one should get angry over politically sensitive comments - it just seems to me that one should be more tactful when it comes to such sensitive subjects.

Incidentally, KD, it wouldn''t be too difficult for yr friend to figure who are you and who she is from yr avatar, yr pics and what you''ve written abt yourself, where you live etc. and yr friend''s circumstances. Again, granted this forum is for people to come and write abt their lives and their experiences and I applaud that (this is after all the reason why my family fled VN - to escape oppression and not being able to talk or act freely). However, there is a huge difference btw talking abt one''s life experiences and specifically referring to the (less than fortunate) circumstances of someone close to you. I''d be hurt if I were yr friend. Again, not very sensitive.

Alleycat, I was NOT referring to "every Viet" living overseas. I was talking abt "most VN women" and obviously it is those I know personally or told abt by someone who works in the diamond industry as well as those I see/ observe. Of course I don''t know every VN woman and of course I can''t talk abt someone I don''t see/ know. I am puzzled as to why you are offended by what I''ve said
33.gif
? The fact that we want bigger and better things is indicative of the fact that Vietnamese, as a people, are on the whole very competitive (look at our history and what we''ve been through - of course we''re more determined, more persevering and more competive than yr average Joe). I am proud of that fact that Vietnamese people on the whole are very competitive, on practically every level: education, career, money etc.. For that matter, Hongkong and Singapore, both as nations and groups of ppl, are very competitive on practically every level, and there are lots of very successful ppl here (and of course there are also those, I''d say a minority, who are not so successful - again based on statistical data, ie. facts, not passing any judgement here) and look at how HK and Singapore are always trying to outdo each other to be the regional centre for Asia. That''s actually very good and have put HK and Singapore where they are, both as a nation, and as groups of people. Look at the human race: our competitive nature and our wanting to be better and have better things has resulted in us having better things, like electricity, clean water, computers etc. If we weren''t and didn''t want those things, we''d still be living in the dark ages. It''s entirely different if ppl want things they can''t afford (like going into debt to buy a 4carat diamond), but if you are competitive and are determined to succeed and set goals to achieve, in more aspects of life than one, then kudos to you.

Phew!! That''s all. I will not write anymore or read anymore abt this subject. If you (you know who you are) still insist on writing more, then that''s up to you.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 10:21:33 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 3/20/2007 12:00:20 AM
Author: KristyDarling

And btw, I''m touched by how many of you were able to see past the BS and perceive what was really going on here. Thanks, guys.
I just have to add here that I''ve been following (and surprisingly staying out of it LOL) but I read it all along the way and NEVER thought you were inappropriate let alone anything worse. ((((KD))))
What she said.
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I think this has been blown out of proportion.
7.gif

It''s really hard to judge someone''s sarcasm or tone when just reading what they say on the internet. KD and Lien, when it comes down to it, are just having miscommunication. No one needs to get their head cut off...this whole thing is silly.

Can''t we all be friends?
4.gif

btw, I don''t know too much about VN culture (way after my time) but I did read "when heaven and earth changed places" by Le Ly and I must say....WHOA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results