shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the "Average" Color and Clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYDiamond

Rough_Rock
Now that the issue of "size" has been debated, what is the average color and clarity of the typical engagement ring? Does anyone have any statistics or personal experiences?
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/2/2003 1
6.gif
5:54 PM NYDiamond wrote:

Now that the issue of "size" has been debated, what is the average color and clarity of the typical engagement ring? Does anyone have any statistics or personal experiences?
1.gif

----------------
NYD:

Hello!
I think the question you pose is a very hard question to answer because there are so many different variables that come into play when choosing a diamond.

1)The income of the person purchasing the stone, along with the budget they set.

2)What priorities they have in mind when choosing a stone.
example (Color, Clarity, Who certs the stone, Cut classes)

3)Generally I don't think there is an answer to your question because there are too many variables that come into play when deciding.

Does the person really care who he/she gets a stone from. Is that person making an informed decision based on criteria they set for themselves and learned. Is it an impulse buy or an educated purchase?

I think this is a good question which might be posed to vendors. What do they see going out of their shops?

I think there is probably to broad of a margin when asking for "statistics" because there is so much involved and most all purchases are based on personal preferences.

What do you see yourself purchasing????

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, ALaska
wacko.gif

The size issue is an easier one to answer, but I think the majority of the uneducated public making purchases, don't know and don't care about the color or clarity, or CUT but rather focus on the size.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I've seen no statistics regarding it, but in my own personal experience I would estimate the "average" engagement ring quality purchased to be in the IJ/SI1 neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results