shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s on your kitchen wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...Surprisingly I don''t have a silpat. Maybe I''ll bug FF for one for some occasion or another being that they are reasonably inexpensive...

And ksinger-are you talking about Cook''s Illustrated? Because I
30.gif
that magazine. They go through everything I would do in a kitchen-and then they print it so I don''t have to do it!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 2:19:58 PM
Author: lyra
A new kitchen! In a different house!
31.gif
Seriously, we have everything we need, but the layout of our kitchen is bad and is not in any way changeable.

We have a mandoline. Scares the heck out of me, but like everything else to do with cooking, my DH uses it well.
2.gif
And in DH''s honour, how about a gas stove next time. He''s always wanted one.
Ditto!!!!!

Our poor kitchen is so tiny...and so outdated even though the previous owners tried to update it. We got a few estimates on remodeling a couple years ago and we just couldn''t swing any of the estimates. We have everything we need as far as appliances and cookware, we just need a new kitchen to put everything in! And we''d actually like a new house, too!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I thought of something, a pot filler. I really, really need a pot filler.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Can I say that I looove my Kitchenaid Mixer, and bought it even thought our kitchen is tiny and it takes up way too much space?? Haha, I felt like such a grownup when I got it. Love. it. so. much.

What else do I want? Soo many things. We''re trying not to buy too much nice stuff until I finish residency, since we''re moving now and again in a year. I can''t wait to stock my kitchen, someday!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 1:58:40 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Hmmm...Surprisingly I don''t have a silpat. Maybe I''ll bug FF for one for some occasion or another being that they are reasonably inexpensive...

And ksinger-are you talking about Cook''s Illustrated? Because I
30.gif
that magazine. They go through everything I would do in a kitchen-and then they print it so I don''t have to do it!!!
Yep. That would be the one.
1.gif

I love all their reviews of products and ingredients. Like you said, it saves you the time of making all the mistakes yourself.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread. Right now all I want is a stand mixer, and a cookie cooling rack. For every ones info Linens and Things have filed chapter 11, so I am hoping to see the Kitchen aid mixer I want on sell. I was in there the other day and they had some good sells on Yankee candles.
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, 1 month post-wedding and we have pretty much everything we could possibly want in our kitchen. At least that we have room for.

Just re the hand mixers: I got a Braun one when I first left home. 13 years later, that baby is still rawring like it was on Day 1. In fact, every Braun product I have ever purchased is still in like-new working order. I have never had one malfunction on me, even after years of use.

So I put my vote in for Braun in the hand-mixer department.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhh, yum. I love all things kitchen. There''s not too much I really need (want), but the things that come to mind are:

1) a hanging pot rack (will have to wait until we''re in our own place, though, because I can''t install one in our apartment)
2) more attachments for the KitchenAid
3) a Le Creuset dutch oven
4) a good set of steak knives
5) digital food scale
6) espresso & cappuccino maker (another thing that will have to wait until we have more counter space)
7) a waffle maker

There are a few other bits and bobs, but I have just about everything I could possibly use, and with the exception of the above, anything more would be starting to get into overkill territory
11.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Which I guess means that the thing most on my kitchen wishlist is... a new kitchen!

With cupboards that I can reach without climbing on something.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, well I HAVE the new kitchen, and the cabinets are still too high for me. But they''re right purdy, and I have a man to reach stuff. That''s why you have them critters in the first place!
2.gif

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 9:49:07 PM
Author: Elmorton
My wishlist (btw, I was at Williams Sonoma today and DROOLING):

Another wusthof knife

The pasta attachments for kitchenaid

A couple extra bowls for the kitchenaid

A couple of le creuset french ovens

Mixing bowls...my dad got me a set the first chirstmas I lived on my own, so I can''t part with them, but they''re insanely heavy and I always want new mixing bowls

More fiesta serving pieces (I know that''s not really a kitchen item, but yanno)

An amazing, beautiful, stainless grill (for DH - I don''t grill)

A pretty cookbook stand (don''t have the room, but want one)

Fiestaware canisters for sugar and flour and salt

Silpat mats

A cookie cooling rack

......okay, that''s probably enough for now. Some of my wishlist items are pretty inexpensive, but I''m just lazy :)

OH! And ladies - go to AMAZON.com to get your kitchenaid. My MIL saved a bunch on hers and then bought me one as a wedding gift. They have all the different models, colors, for AMAZING prices.
Funny you mention fiesta. I live pretty close to the fiesta warehouse so I just made a trip out there this morning and bought a ton of serving pieces from their "seconds" store. It is really awesome since the items are at least 50% off and some are even more. You do have to really look at the pieces to make sure they aren''t noticeably chipped or anything, but I was able to find some nice pieces.

I really need to get:

A new knife set

pasta attachment for kitchen aid

Mandoline

Salad Tongs

New dishwasher!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2008 10:20:47 PM
Author: allikatac

Didn''t your mama tell you to stay away from places like that?? Step away from the Williams-Sonoma entrance!!!
2.gif

And since I don''t take my own mother''s advice, I will admit to one real kitchen wishlist item. I want one of their foot-operated stainless trashcans, like they have in the store near their sampling area. Sweet! But the price! Two hundred for a trash can??
23.gif
Haven''t been able to bring myself to do it yet, but my lust is unabated....

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
[ignorance] What''s a pot filler? [/ignorance]

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 11:51:16 PM
Author: pjean

Essentially, a pot filler is a faucet mounted on the wall directly above your range or cooktop. Instead of having to lug pots from the sink to the range, you can fill your pots directly on the stove.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 1:00:21 PM
Author: ksinger

Date: 5/17/2008 10:20:47 PM
Author: allikatac

Didn''t your mama tell you to stay away from places like that?? Step away from the Williams-Sonoma entrance!!!
2.gif

And since I don''t take my own mother''s advice, I will admit to one real kitchen wishlist item. I want one of their foot-operated stainless trashcans, like they have in the store near their sampling area. Sweet! But the price! Two hundred for a trash can??
23.gif
Haven''t been able to bring myself to do it yet, but my lust is unabated....
I hope the WS foot-operated trashcans are better than the pricey Simple Human ones...I bought one for our house when we moved into it 4 years ago, spent way too much ($100 for a trashcan?) and two months later the foot pedal thing didn''t work. So now it is just another trashcan, plus it is hard to keep looking clean. I swear I will never buy another stainless trashcan ever again. I can''t keep it clean!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2008 12:06:37 AM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 5/18/2008 11:51:16 PM
Author: pjean

Essentially, a pot filler is a faucet mounted on the wall directly above your range or cooktop. Instead of having to lug pots from the sink to the range, you can fill your pots directly on the stove.
Such a wonderful concept...our neighbors just remodeled their kitchen and had a pot filler installed and they love it! It really is a great idea. Maybe not a necessity, but definitely something that will be used for the lifetime of the house!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results