color
clarity

What's on your Easter menu?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Um, what is a carbombcake?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Vapid, that pie looks amazing! I've never seen a crust recipe like that. Do you cream the butter and sugar like you would in a cookie recipe?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yes like making cookie dough. I think this is called a short crust because it has a crumb almost like shortbread. I hope you try it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son is now asking if we can have tacos for easter and I'm thinking of saying yes. lol

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're having amazing weather over here so DH and I are having a BBQ on Easter Sunday and my sisters and their bf and gf are coming over too. Looking forward to it!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1303150221|2899213 said:
We are greeks and the traditional Easter menu contains lamb and potatoes roasted in the oven and cooked with olive oil, lemon juice, oreganon, thyme and garlic as a main dish. Also, tzatziki, which is a spread made of yoghurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, at least two salads (one greek salad made with tomatoes, cucumber, sliced onions, sliced green peppers, olives, feta cheese, oreganon, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and one made of roman lettuce and fresh onions), cheese pies with home made puff pastry and filled with feta, yellow graviera cheese and kasseri cheese and of course the boiled eggs which we paint red and they are the most important element of the Easter table!!! After lunch, we have coffee with the traditional Easter cookies :cheeky: slurp-slurp!!!

This is what everybody back home is having. :(sad I, on the other hand, am stuck in the UK for Easter and probably going to grab something at McDonalds. :roll:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1303467884|2902519 said:
natyLad|1303150221|2899213 said:
We are greeks and the traditional Easter menu contains lamb and potatoes roasted in the oven and cooked with olive oil, lemon juice, oreganon, thyme and garlic as a main dish. Also, tzatziki, which is a spread made of yoghurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, at least two salads (one greek salad made with tomatoes, cucumber, sliced onions, sliced green peppers, olives, feta cheese, oreganon, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and one made of roman lettuce and fresh onions), cheese pies with home made puff pastry and filled with feta, yellow graviera cheese and kasseri cheese and of course the boiled eggs which we paint red and they are the most important element of the Easter table!!! After lunch, we have coffee with the traditional Easter cookies :cheeky: slurp-slurp!!!

This is what everybody back home is having. :(sad I, on the other hand, am stuck in the UK for Easter and probably going to grab something at McDonalds. :roll:

This is when I miss being around my family for Easter : ( My uncle has done the whole nine yards of roasting a young lamb in the backyard. At this point, our family is more prone to get reservations or take out at the Greek Islands instead :Up_to_something: but man I miss that food.

Having Easter with my husband's parents. My MIL is a good cook and will have something like ham and green bean cassorole, but that's not what I'm craving...

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
We're doing an Easter brunch instead. Mimosas, fresh fruit, frittata, ham, hash browns, coffee cake.....the works.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allison D.|1303496633|2902752 said:
We're doing an Easter brunch instead. Mimosas, fresh fruit, frittata, ham, hash browns, coffee cake.....the works.

Mmmm...sounds great!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be trying to keep MIL, BIL and DH from murdering each other a la every other family holiday ever. Failed spectacularly at xmas- while no actual blood was drawn, it was mighty close and there was much yelling and screaming, with a storming-out and door-slamming finale. And everyone will pester me about why I haven't bred yet (and of course there will be constant foisting of babies off on me, because maybe they're contagious?) DH loves babies, but they never give the babies to HIM to hold! It's always "LGK go play with the baby." "Aw, look, the baby puked on LGK, how cute!" Grrr. I'll probably resort to sending snarky texts to my best friend whilst hiding my phone under the table, and skulking in the bathroom for lengthy stretches of time. Like I do most holidays.

On the other hand, I do have a brand new tattoo with which I can irritate my MIL, which I do take a certain amount of unholy glee in, and my wardrobe will be carefully selected to show it off, so I can watch her surreptitiously glare at my leg. (She absolutely tortures my husband at every opportunity- if I get some passive aggressive tattoo flaunting in, I consider it fair play.) She is going to be especially testy this year, since it's Easter for the Catholic side of the family and not Passover like she wants... she gets Passover next year, but it doesn't stop her from being p!ssy about it.

Oh and maybe if I'm lucky I'll have to bite my tongue while my BIL gets drunk and talks about playing VERY gay chicken with his underage assistant while his 19 year old pregnant wife listens and looks horrified. Awesome. (That was more xmas fun. I've been trying to forget that whole conversation for almost six months.)

I'll be lucky if I even notice the menu.

On the other hand, I'd happily skip out and eat at ANY of the PSers homes- you guys have some awesome menus going on!

(Sorry, the Easter Doom, er, family gathering, is impending and I'm not looking forward to it. At all. So I had to gripe about it.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results