shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats on your colored stone wish list?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What type of colored stone do you feel like you must have at some point in the future?
For me it''s one of those really bright glowing pinkish red spinels from Burma. I''d also like a really well cut yellow sapphire one day.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I'd love a radiant light pink diamond, a cushion cut bright green peridot, and an emerald cut aquamarine.

ETA: a yellow diamond too :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
One day I would love to have an emerald. I''ve wanted one for a long time now. Or a pink diamond, but that''s really pushing it, LOL!!!
3.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Anything cut by Richard Homer.......Also an aquamarine, a yellow sapphire, a blue sapphire, and a yellow diamond.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
dematoid garnet and a big pretty blue sapphire.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2006 7:20:08 PM
Author: Kaleigh
One day I would love to have an emerald. I''ve wanted one for a long time now. Or a pink diamond, but that''s really pushing it, LOL!!!
3.gif
I second the emerald lust, Kaleigh!

Since I was little, I''ve been given (and lost) a few mediocre emeralds...birthstone rings, pendants, earrings, etc. None of them were of more than promo quality so I''ve never been too upset over these losses.

However, I told my DH when he asked what I thought about e-rings that I really wanted an emerald engagement ring. He kind of poo-poohed it and gave me a diamond instead (which I am of course more than ecstatic about!) Didn''t take away from my emerald lust, though!

My 30th birthday is in May, 2007, and I''ve told him again that I would love nothing more than a gorgeous emerald RHR. He''s asked me about a budget, we''ve discussed, and he seems open toward it. I would honestly love nothing more than a simple EC emerald, either with rectangular halo, or with trap. diamonds on each side, thin shank either way. I tried something similar on last time I was in the diamond district in NYC, and it not only fell short of my wishes aesthetically, but was twice the budget I had in mind! We shall see what happens come May, I suppose!

9.gif
36.gif

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 7:00:20 PM
Author:innerkitten
What type of colored stone do you feel like you must have at some point in the future?
For me it''s one of those really bright glowing pinkish red spinels from Burma. I''d also like a really well cut yellow sapphire one day.
I second the bright glowing pinkish red spinel from Burma. I''ve been looking for it and last year, I saw one in a gem show that was drop dead gorgeous. The price was gorgeous too so I hesitated somewhat. I went back and It was sold
39.gif

Besides the Burma red spinel, my wish list is long: Tsavorite Garnet, Paraiba tourmaline, and ....

I haven''t seen a bright color gemstone that I don''t like.
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Me three for an emerald. Dreams of a nice 3-ish carat colombian emerald ring.

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
I would like a large demantoid garnet and a red diamond. I will have both eventually
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it''s some beautiful blue sapphires. I have a ring, necklace and bracelet bought many years ago. I love the settings in each piece but the stones themselves are very dark. I looked into replacing the stones in the necklace and have found that costwise it''s probably better to just get new pieces....sigh. So that tops my list. Then, I really, really want some nice tsavorite garnets. I just love the rich color.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I want a Tsavorite garnet, a beautiful peridot that I can set to go with my peridot earrings, a beautiful moonstone with blue schiller to set, a nice ruby, an aquamarine. Well that''s enough to get started.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welllllllllll......large tsavorite or demantoid garnet, imperial topaz, persian turquiose, and a sweeeet ruby. Maybe some nice fancy yellow diamonds as well.....not too much to ask is it???

cheers--Sharon

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
I want a green tsavorite set like Pokey''s fiancee! Talk about green with envy...

pokey ring.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
On the very tip top of my wish list... A paribia tormaline!!!

paraibayumyumsformesuite.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 7:24:34 PM
Author: MINE!!
Those are so pretty. I don''t know all my gems, but I want something bluish (like London topaz or aquamarine or one of these).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! Those are gorgeous! Doesn''t IslandDreams have a paraiba tourmaline pendant?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think her stone is a zircon.... A very beautiful one at that.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
a pair of citrine dangly earrings in yellow gold, pendant too.

a swiss blue topaz pendant to go with existing pieces

a turquoise ring in yellow gold

an opal ring in yellow gold

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I want a 5-10 carat jeremejevite... Saw a 10 carat one years ago and didn''t have the $$$ to buy it. Only see tiny ones for sale now.

Rockdoc

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Rock Doc,
Do you have any pics? I have never heard of such a thing. Mokey

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockDoc, what is a jeremejevite? I''ve never heard of it. Do you have any pictures?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I agree, aren''t those just yummy!!! And expensive
39.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I''ll scan a photo later on.....

It''s is a very rare stone.

Sort of looks like aquamarine.

Rockdoc

Date: 10/1/2006 5:06:39 PM
Author: Catmom
RockDoc, what is a jeremejevite? I''ve never heard of it. Do you have any pictures?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Jeremejevite... rare stone from Namibia... ooohhh.. can you image the yummy manderine and Jeremejevite next to each other... what a find that might be...

Looks like they are quite rare.. not too many in the larger carat weight..

jeremejevite.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
very pretty.. look quite delicate

jeremejevitenumber2.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
here is a small one.. only about.13

jermejbluegemed.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
oooohhhh...... PPRREEETTTYYYY!!

Does it have some sort of Illumanisence to it... kinda like a moonstone?

jermemejevite3cool.jpg

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Jeremejevite

( from Arems Gem Encylopedia )

Rockdoc

Jereme 1 sm.jpg

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Wow those are really neat. Thanks for sharing Mine and Rock Doc! What would you do with something like that, just collect it?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2006 8:17:37 PM
Author: Mokey
Wow those are really neat. Thanks for sharing Mine and Rock Doc! What would you do with something like that, just collect it?

Just gets squirreled away in Pet Rock Condo. Joins with all the others of Rockdoc''s "kids".

:) Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results