shape
carat
color
clarity

What's next on your list? And next? And next? And next? And.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last month I picked up my forever signature ring: my 5.3 ct OEC in a VC setting with french cut sides :love:
However, there are already some things 'next' on my list :naughty:
What's next on YOUR list? Please add inspiration pics if you have them.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What's next on your list? And next? And next? And next?

I'll start!
Coming up... A set of 3 stacking rings in rose and yellow gold. They are made of beautiful but very vulnerable jewelry pieces I got from my grandmother, my mom and aunt. I had not been wearing these pieces for more then 20 years as the gold chains broke off all the time (22 karat gold).

The stackings rings will feature a smokey quartz, a citrine and an old oval diamond. The set will be ready in 2-3 weeks. The smokey quartz ring is ready! Here is a preview:

_10921.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And next...
An antique warm coloured EC diamond, around 2 carats.
My inspiration pieces for the setting: this classic Leon setting and Asscher girls yummy ring:

_10922.jpg

_10923.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a few wants, but the list keeps getting smaller as I get more realistic about what I'll actually wear. I've been lucky enough over the past year to have some play with money and found a local store. I've been a few times to try on pieces that I thought were on my list only to realise that they don't suit me. I've also made a couple of ebay mistakes and lost money.

Still on the list are - the narrowest Cartier triple gold rolling ring, larger OEC earrings in a different lower to the ear setting, an eternity ring (this is where all my mistakes lie!), and perhaps a different style engagement ring. We'll see!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hopefully a RHR w/ either a cushion or emerald cut center later on down the road! Still researching/saving at the moment... :Up_to_something:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I used to have a lot longer list.

Right now all I want is a bar set 7 stone band with 25 pointers.

And an Alex Woo yellow gold tree of life pendant, large, proceeds to go to breast cancer awareness.

That's about it though.

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock

I want a brown/pink AVR of about 1.5 carats for a RHR. I haven't decided how I would want to set it though -- maybe rose gold, maybe in a three stone.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wedding band would be first on the list

and, one day...many, many, many days from now, I would love an emerald cut sapphire with step cut diamond traps on a plain platinum band as a RHR

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock

My next purchase is going to be a u prong half eternity band. I just haven't decided which size pointers I looking between 10 & 15p to go with my erring. Then onto a rhr which I thinking of a 5 stone between 30 & 40 pointers.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

My wish list:

* Diamond tennis bracelet or diamond bangle bracelet...probably tennis...
* Pink sapphire and diamond band to wear with my ER and other bands
* Diamond-only band also to alternate/wear with my ER and other bands (JbEG old cut 5- or 7-stone in bezels??)
* RHR with colored stone and halo, emerald or asscher cut center...
* Colored studs to wear in my earring jackets

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That stacking ring is cool!!! Can't wait to see the other ones....

Hmmm my list. Set two stones. Buy a new band or two. Reset a ruby I have and possibly a small transitional I have with it into a 3 stone or something so I wear it. Long term list an Antique asscher or fat emerald or something similar and an AVC or a Canera Antique Cushion in a large size.... Maybe a flower ring. I think that is enough!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

wow that is a beautiful ring!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

To reset my 1.66 RB stone in a Victor Canera Evelyn setting (not the halo) it will be my 4th reset! but I don't have 4-5K right now.. I wish Mr. Canera would have Canera outlet! I would be in heaven.. every Canera ring I have seen - BAR NONE - is a work of art.. I just retired so I must save.. and my husband would spin his head about 10X if I said I wanted to reset it again.. but I will! the only other piece I really want is a diamond pendant.. I would like a 1.5 emerald cut diamond in a bezel setting in either 14 carat white gold or
platinum. If I had those two pieces, I'd be finished and could live in harmony viewing rings and things of beautiful size, color and design for the rest of my days ;-)

http://www.victorcanera.com/the-evelyn-solitaire-with-flush-stems

=) :sun:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I actually think I have everything I need. Maybe down the line I will add an EC cut or a riveria necklace but besides that I think my collection is pretty much complete.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Endless Summer that would be a beautiful ring.. I hope you get it !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since I enjoy the thrill of the search and wearing beautiful jewelry I just take this journey one day at a time. Now that I have my HG ER I have been enjoying the hunt even more because no piece is as critical. I have purchased ruby and diamond earrings that I love and a yellow gold 72 inch necklace (sort of an impulse decision) that I am enjoying as well and am waiting for my next purchase to arrive soon...a ruby and gold necklace. I will post pics when it comes. I am very excited because I love this goldsmith's work.

I don't look at it as a to do list and then I am done sort of thing. I enjoy the whole process and hope I can continue with my less major jewelry purchases forever! :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

I want to sell my marquise wedding band and get a new emerald cut eternity band
I want Roberto Coin Tiny treasures Smiley face pendant.
To recertify my GIA 3.66 Emerald cut and have it polished as it was originally certified in like 1980 and has been worn for so long it is getting knocked around and needs a little polishing. Then maybe a halo reset....
Halo Earring Jackets for my 2.41 studs

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I keep telling myself I want less and less but then I "discover" something else I want.

My current wish list:

Upgrade heard diamond in one of my RHR
Blue Sapphire earrings
Oval diamond RHR
Upgrade diamond tennis bracelet
EC diamond studs
Plain gold comfort fit band
Blue diamond RHR & earrings

I'd best start saving my pennies. :bigsmile:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

missy said:

I don't look at it as a to do list and then I am done sort of thing. I enjoy the whole process and hope I can continue with my less major jewelry purchases forever! :appl:

I think these are wise words - certainly, I adhere to them!

I'm not sure when I transitioned ... my anniversary ring? my french cut eternity? ... but these days I'm less looking for something *specific* and more something *unusual,* which tends to be more of an "you'll know it when you see it" kind of a thing.

For example ... I wasn't really looking for a piece of a convertible tiara. Or for an Edwardian seed pearl choker. Or a graduated calibre deco ring. For this anniversary, I just wanted some ruby earrings ... but I can't say I'm displeased with what I've wound up with!

Lets just say that purpose-driven shopping has never really worked for me, and even less so with the passage of time. I'll always be a collector looking for the next weird, cool bargain. So, who knows? Maybe next up the universe will have a platinum lorgnette, or a Belle Époque demi-parure, or goodness only knows what else .....

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Thin, channel set, square cut blue sapphire band to go with my french cut band
OMC earrings
Rose cut band

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nothing! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really inspiring to see your lists ladies! Especially Laila's :naughty:
I can't wait to see in what way your diamond dreams come true.
I recently downsized my jewelry collection dramatically. And used the funds, the gold and the diamonds for a few statement pieces. It like having a smaller but really coveted collection.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Now that I'm done resetting my e-ring forever, my next immediate project is a forever wedding band. I'll probably always collect stackers, but I really want that one "set." Beyond that, I'd like some diamond studs next. And for our 10 year anniversary, a 5 stone RHR. And maybe a pendant... oh the list goes on...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results