carat
color
clarity

Whats my diamond worth?

chonc76

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thinking about purchasing a diamond. Here's the specs:

What is something like this worth? We're between $3000 - $3500. Good deal for $3300?

diamond.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
From a rough search of new on the main page of this site that's quite a discount from new which runs around 5500-6,000, assuming ideal cut, we would need actual measurements (table, etc) to tell you for sure. Are you buying this secondhand?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very old cert. You might want to have it recerted or appraised to make sure there has been no damage since

Is this on the second hand market? Also dont know much about the cut on this. On-line prices seem to be running almost double that.

chonc76

Rough_Rock
Yes I am buying it second hand. It is set already which I'll have it removed from. It seems like a good deal except I can't tell the cut grade due to report age (before 2005). I saw the diamond outside and it sparkled nicely but I guess you need a point of reference to see how good it really is, Right? Nevertheless this is in my price point and it seems like I get a lot of diamond for the money. Thanks for your input =)

Here's more specs:

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.27 - 6.32 x 3.79 mm
Carat Weight: 0.91 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Proportions:
Depth: 60.2%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: "I copied this but it was blank on the gia page"

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worth depends on the who, where and how of its sale.
New on Fifth Ave in Manhattan in a high-end retailer it will be listed for much more than a pawn broker in Detroit will offer you for the used stone. THE EXACT SAME STONE!!!!

So, you see, there is not one "worth".

I just saw your previous post.
"Sparkles nicely" is meaningless since we don't know if you've seen really really well-cut diamonds or if you saw it under lighting that would make a lump of coal sparkle.

I'd get a new FULL GIA or AGS report with all the specs and plug them into the HCA.
If it scores over 2.0 I'd reject it.
If it scores under 2.0 I'd get Idealscope pics.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/ideal-scope

Post Idealscope pics here or compare them to this chart.

using_IS_Reference_Chart_72.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure you look at it under all kinds of different lighting.

If you have a Jareds near by you can go look at their Peerless line of stones to see how some well cut stones really look.
Hearts on fire diamonds would be another option to view.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A 60/60 stone. That's a matter of personal taste, honestly. It's not poorly cut, per se, but it will give a different look than traditional ideal cuts.

I am going to agree that it be sent to GIA for recertification and do not buy it if you cannot return it for a full refund.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the crown and pavilion angles for this stone? We could tell more about the cut if we have them.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1315582115|3013588 said:
Do you have the crown and pavilion angles for this stone? We could tell more about the cut if we have them.

I think the older GIA reports did not have those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results