carat
color
clarity

What's going on with GOG?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this I can comment on ;-)

Keep in mind that this thread is about one or two diamonds within a collection that don't quite meet the standards that (some of us more precise) people are accustomed to... but that doesn't mean that the brand as a whole is at stake.

When it's time for you to upgrade, just focus on finding a diamond that meets the selection criteria that you're looking for...

This statement is true of all brands by the way. Never rely on brand name alone as a guarantee of cut quality because each diamond is unique and individual in its own way and will exhibit its own characteristics... and as noted, camera tilt and stone position is always a factor (that replacement photo could probably be improved with a little tweaking of focal depth and focus for example).

With that in mind, I wouldn't panic, rather I'd just be patient and wait for an upgrade with the right characteristics and optical properties to come along.

I think she meant Jon took AV with him and yet her stone was bought from GOG.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, I'm not worried about not finding a good diamond (I actually considered one of their Ascendancy and Solasfera diamonds as well), but if they stop carrying the August Vintage European rounds due to however things shake out with August Vintage Inc, they won't be available for upgrading. Given that I vastly prefer them, that would be disappointing.

Ah yes, that would be disappointing.

Fingers crossed for you...

Matt B

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hey josieKat.

Your upgrade concerns are valid. In the past few years, we have made attempts to make our trade-up inventory stronger than ever before (including the August Vintage brand). However, circumstances have changed since then (excluding the decline in the diamond market). Although the future is unpredictable, we believe that our desire and original plan of enhancing our stock inventory will be achieved in due time.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny. I’ve been following this thread thinking I was glad I didn’t buy anything from GOG. Then I just remembered I have a little AVR. Doh!! :lol-2:

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Hey josieKat.

Your upgrade concerns are valid. In the past few years, we have made attempts to make our trade-up inventory stronger than ever before (including the August Vintage brand). However, circumstances have changed since then (excluding the decline in the diamond market). Although the future is unpredictable, we believe that our desire and original plan of enhancing our stock inventory will be achieved in due time.

I appreciate the response Matt. If we hadn't just paid for our wedding and honeymoon I think we'd be visiting to see if one of the options you have now would work. Hopefully we'll be in a place to consider an upgrade sometime soon and in the meantime I will continue to keep an eye on the inventory (if only that H VS1 were a carat! :mrgreen2:).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results