shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s a girl to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I am so torn!! as a birthday present I decided I''d like to purchase a lotus setting ring from Heart of Water on etsy. The setting just really speaks to me and several people have said good things about their work. The problem is in the details! I had originally planned on just getting the sterling silver setting with a moonstone -BUT- it is a birthday present, and I''m a july baby- that means rubies! I recieved one on my 16th b-day (synthetic...) but have yet to get a natural one. then again.... that moonstone is just so ethereal.... and then torn again with the metal choice! I have plenty of white gold and she has in her shop the ''baby lotus'' in yellow and it looks so yummy! then I thought, perhaps rose gold is just the ticket! oh dear...

what''s a girl to do? i''d like to keep it under $300... but I''m sooooo torn... so many pretty things on my list
3.gif

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25556906

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like the moonstone is what you really want but kind of feel obligated to get a ruby because it''s your birthstone. If that''s the case, I''d go with the moonstone.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 7:37:25 AM
Author: Kismet
It sounds like the moonstone is what you really want but kind of feel obligated to get a ruby because it''s your birthstone. If that''s the case, I''d go with the moonstone.
Ditto. Sapphire is my birthstone, but it''s not #1 on my wish list, eventhough I wouldn''t mind a 10 ct kashmir saph if someone would decide to give me one
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d get the moonstone if that what you really love. If you REALLY want incorporate rubies, maybe you can ask Sally to put 2 small rubies into the sides of the ring, she does it with diamonds sometimes.

I have a lotus ring, and I love it. SO delicate :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well go with what you want, its your birthday. I know what you mean though I like green, and always want en emerald, yes they don''t spakle as much as other gems, but something about having an authentic Natural precious stone, even if its small, I''d get one just because. So get your moonstone now, and get a natural ruby later.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 7:37:25 AM
Author: Kismet

Ditto! Get what you love. Birthstones should not limit what you choose. Plus, nice rubies are quite expensive.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go for what I love, in your case it is moonstones. My birthstone is aquamarine but I don''t find it as attractive, even the very top colour like the Santa Maria blues.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
go for the moonstone most def....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moonstone all the way!

In terms of which colour gold? Ask Sally - she''ll advise on the moonstones she has and what will look best. I''m not sure I''d go with rose gold because it''s a real contrast between the red of the rose gold and the cool blues of the moonstone - unless you like contrast of course!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody :)

Sally has been really great, responding to my many questions and what not. I had really considered the moonstone for a while, but when I asked if she had any rubies and said ''yes''.... I got soooooooo excited!

I''ll indulge more when I get pics... sometime soon I hope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results