shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you think if...

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
a friend of yours recently got engaged,spent a year designing the ring with a local designer, and it was in pieces in a matter of hours?

Apparently it just fell apart! They are obviously going back the the jeweler, but would you make them start over or would you think its just a fluke?

I'm just curious of everyones opinion. I know I would be so upset if I only got to wear my ring a couple hours before it was busted.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id wanna know who this jeweler is to never patronize it, and what actually happened to cause it to crumble! It sounds poorly made, and I wonder if this jeweler rushed it. And I'd want my diamond and every penny of my money back immediately.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can you say a little more about what kind of pieces it was in?

I mean, if it was, say, a soldering join that just came undone ... freaky to happen so quickly, but it happens. If a peg head came out, I'd be a little more wigged - not least of all because one of these things is just annoying, and one of them can result in my losing my stone!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
ame said:
Id wanna know who this jeweler is to never patronize it, and what actually happened to cause it to crumble! It sounds poorly made, and I wonder if this jeweler rushed it. And I'd want my diamond and every penny of my money back immediately.
...if it was my ring.

If it was a friend's ring, I would carefully listen to her opinion before saying a word: a woman showed me her ring, it was newly resized and it was awful - the downside of the setting was badly banged and not rodium replated- but she was satisfied with it because she thought her jeweller did his best...I just smiled and I kept my mouth shout.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to overstep on that. I can't let someone else be defrauded by shoddy work either.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I tend to be a perfectionist and I tend to be frank, but I'm sure I did the right thing keeping my mouth shout: she was happy and still she is... and she still wears the same crappy ring.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I would never say anythin unless they ask for a new vendor recommendation, then I would direct them to Brian Gavin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results