shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you rather have...9 stone or eternity?

Which would you rather have?

• 1) 9 stone with 15 pointers

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • 2) Eternity ring with 10 pointers

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very torn. Would you rather have a 9 stone with 15 pointers(1.35 ctw) or an eternity ring with 10 pointers (2.1 ctw)?
This would be for a RHR. I'm afraid I won't like how the eternity ring feels between my fingers and that 10 pointers wont
look very big on my 6.5 finger.

I also have a 5 stone ring with 15 pointers and wonder if I should get something a little more different looking than the
same thing except with 9 stones.

See my delimma? Which would you choose?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
my only problem with eternity ring is that it can't be resized and things like pregnancy, lose weight etc can change the finger size...

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the 9 stone, mostly for the larger stones. I could never turn down larger stones. Would you wear it on it's own or with your e-ring or 5 stone?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do your rings spin? My don't so for me it's easy... 9 stone all the way. That's why I got my Aurora Band half eternity... more bling where it matters.

But if your rings spin... you might want an eternity band.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
my thoughts- if you have a 5 stone with .15 stones, then the 9 stone ring will look very similar to it- while although the eternity will have smaller stones, the ring's appearance will be "different" than your 5 stone wedder.

On the other hand, the 9 stone with .15 stones will be a stone "match" to your 5 stone band...

hmm, I'm no help at all!! :D

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it depends on, a) the build of your hands, and, b) how you use them.

For me, a 9-stone band is sort of the worst of both worlds: I can feel the stones between my fingers, but since they don't go all around, I don't get the three-dimensional pleasure that I get from eternities. For a RHR, I think I'd either vote for an eternity, or maybe a single stone in a half-bezel, like Dreamer's beautiful new Birk's ring ....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
In my opinion the 9-stone will look too much like the 5-stone you already own so I voted for the eternity ring. It will have a different look on the hand.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minmin001 - I know what you mean about resizing...I've already had all my kids but if I did gain weight that could be an issue.
If I got an eternity band I would go 1/2 size larger and add speed bumps if needed. I know it could still be a problem though.

centralsquare - I'm of the same mind set as you...bigger is better! Whichever ring I get I would be wearing alone as a RHR.

Gypsy - My rings dont spin (when they are sized correctly). My fingers pretty much taper down to the bottom so no problem
with getting them over the knuckle. I love your Auroa band but something like that is not in my budget :(( . I'm looking at
ID Jewelry to do my ring.

Amy- thanks for you input...I see you feel my pain!

Circe- I could make the 9 stone a 7 stone but I want full coverage (6.5 finger size) and I dont think 7 stones will do it. Dreamer's
ring is lovely but I'm craving a little more bling. I do have a .46 stone that I could to something like that in the future though.

Sundial - I know what you mean...buying the 9 stone might be like buying the same model car twice in a row but the second one has a few more upgrades. You (I) might not get as much enjoyment out of it like I would if I buy something a little more different.

Choices, choices!?!

ID jewelry has their eternity rings on-special right now for $1485 for the 2.1 carat. Not sure if I could ever get that good of
a deal again for an eternity with 2.1. I got a quote about 6 weeks ago on a 7 stone (15 pointers) and it was around $1250 so
I think the 9 stone and the eternity would be about the same price.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1312389401|2983174 said:
I think the 9 stone and the eternity would be about the same price.

On one hand, awesome...on the other, doesn't help with choosing!! Good luck!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'd go with an eternity band. My fingers swell and contrat with the weather, and I hate it when my ring spins the diamonds to the back of the hand.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
tyty, I voted eternity because it will look different than your 5 stone! And you can always get some other fun stackers down the road to stack with it on your right hand. IDJ has some beautiful little stackers you could add down the road. I also think there is something luxurious feeling with an full eternity band. I have had one on my list for awhile and am tempted now that you said IDJ is running a special. Is it only on those two carat weights?

Edited to add - Oh, and down the road you could always upgrade your eternity to 15 point eternity right??!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found out the $1495 is for size 3.5 and I'm waiting on a quote for a size 7 eternity :(( .

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1312404632|2983387 said:
I just found out the $1495 is for size 3.5 and I'm waiting on a quote for a size 7 eternity :(( .

OH NO! Here's some *******dust****** that the price is not too much more!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would choose neither and get another 5 stone with bigger stones! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1312410587|2983484 said:

I could do that too...not sure how big I could get in the $1500-$1700 price range.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1312410587|2983484 said:

hmm, now that is a thought!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results