shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you put the private party value of this ring at?

fortwayne

Rough_Rock
I was wonder what private party value you would place on an engagement set with the following:
14 karat white gold engagement ring prong set with seven round brilliant cut diamond weighing approximately a total of 1.26 carats, clear i-1, color G-H. Good symmetry and polish. Channel set with six round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately a total of 0.6 carat, clarity i-1, color range G-H. Good symmetry and polish. The ring weighs a total of 4.44 pennyweights.

14 karat white gold wedding ring channel set with eight round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately a total of 1.12 carats, clarity i-1, color range G-H. Good symmetry and polish. The ring weighs a total of 2.49 pennyweights.

I appreciate your thoughts.

FW

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Re: What would you put the private party value of this ring

Sorry, I'm unclear on the size of the center stone?

fortwayne

Rough_Rock

Sorry, I should of included a picture.

ring_28.jpg

Thanks

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

color and clarity graded by what lab?

fortwayne

Rough_Rock

Looks like I'm not very good at this. It was graded by a graduate gemologist. In his write up he says he compared it with GIA stones if that makes a difference.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock

I am not a jeweler, just a secondary market shopper, but I would expect it to go for btw $200-400.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gold contant of the ring + $100 bucks for the diamonds.i feel very generous today.. :praise:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

In the shoes of the OP, the replies might actually be pretty depressing.

The sadder thing is, you people are probably right on the money.

fortwayne

Rough_Rock

Haha, I'm totally okay. A very eye opening thing though. It's the type of ring that my gf likes so she just sent me an ad from Craigslist to give me an idea. Wow is all I can really say. The owner had an appraisal done a few months back and it listed the ring at $5500 and she was asking $2800 for it. I know there is major wiggle room and a markup but my mind is actually blown.

Thanks for everyone's replies and I will be sure to come back when it is time for me to get a ring.

Thanks again,
Adam

slg47

Ideal_Rock

whoa, that is way too much if the diamonds are the quality you stated.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Yes, come back when your ready! For that kind of money we can help you find a much better quality ring in a design that your g/f loves! :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Christina...|1308828800|2952755 said:
Yes, come back when your ready! For that kind of money we can help you find a much better quality ring in a design that your g/f loves! :)

ditto!!! Please come back here before you spend any money and the folks here are more than happy to find you exactly what your GF is wanting...

the seller of that ring is asking waaaaaaay to much and the appraisal doesn't really mean anything, most of them are inflated and a second hand ring would be much less...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

fortwayne|1308799676|2952611 said:
Haha, I'm totally okay. A very eye opening thing though. It's the type of ring that my gf likes so she just sent me an ad from Craigslist to give me an idea. Wow is all I can really say. The owner had an appraisal done a few months back and it listed the ring at $5500 and she was asking $2800 for it. I know there is major wiggle room and a markup but my mind is actually blown.

Thanks for everyone's replies and I will be sure to come back when it is time for me to get a ring.

Thanks again,
Adam
tell her...when pigs fly :!:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results