shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our wedding album has deteriorated pretty badly.

The cover is falling apart and peeling in several places. Has not at all been exposed to any harsh temperatures...it's kept on a shelf in our living room.

I think it's supposed to be leather, I'm not sure, I can't tell.

We paid a hefty price for the pictures and album...it's one of those where the pages are really thick and the page IS the picture...so it doesn't seem like it would be a simple "swap out the album" situation.

DH wants me to contact the photographer and let him know...I'm not sure what to do, it's been like almost 10 years...

Would you say anything?

Or maybe if I do I could approach it as just asking if there is supposed to be a warranty on the album itself?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call the Photographer and talk to them. See who they used, and if there is any warranty or anything. Doesn't hurt to have the discussion, IMO.

Q

Queenie60

I would call photographer. We had a family portrait that was about 10 + years old and contacted the photographer when the photograph began to fade. She had kept the negatives and gave us a discount for a replacement photograph. Doesn't hurt to try. Good luck :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - so it's not ridiculous, then...

I'll reach out and see what comes back.

Thanks, guys!

:wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did your photographer use film or were these pics taken with digital cameras?

If digital, try to get the pics if he still has them backed up on a server. For our wedding pics in 2012, I opted for DVDs with high res edited pics with no watermarks. I made my own album in shutterfly. My rationale was that when Sandy hit, a lot of people lost material things like their albums. My photos are saved on a computer, burned on to copy DVDs, and uploaded to shitterfly and snapfish.

Good luck, cj2008!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1450924626|3965567 said:
Our wedding album has deteriorated pretty badly.

The cover is falling apart and peeling in several places. Has not at all been exposed to any harsh temperatures...it's kept on a shelf in our living room.

I think it's supposed to be leather, I'm not sure, I can't tell.

We paid a hefty price for the pictures and album...it's one of those where the pages are really thick and the page IS the picture...so it doesn't seem like it would be a simple "swap out the album" situation.

DH wants me to contact the photographer and let him know...I'm not sure what to do, it's been like almost 10 years...

Would you say anything?

Or maybe if I do I could approach it as just asking if there is supposed to be a warranty on the album itself?
Id contact the photographer and ask them what you can do.

This reminds me that we still need to get our album done...we've been married 10 years and I STILL have not done it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1450970683|3965759 said:
Did your photographer use film or were these pics taken with digital cameras?

If digital, try to get the pics if he still has them backed up on a server. For our wedding pics in 2012, I opted for DVDs with high res edited pics with no watermarks. I made my own album in shutterfly. My rationale was that when Sandy hit, a lot of people lost material things like their albums. My photos are saved on a computer, burned on to copy DVDs, and uploaded to shitterfly and snapfish.

Good luck, cj2008!

They're digital...and we have all the RAW files (I think that's what they're called).

The thing is, this isn't a regular album, I don't think...the pages are really hard and thick like cardboard they don't bend and the pictures takes up the whole page...

So I could reproduce it in something like Shutterfly but won't be the same.

But - after you said that made me realize maybe I can find a place that makes these types of albums, there has to be...I did a quick search and found a few potential places. Not sure how expensive it would be, but it's an option... Thank you ::)

ETA: Ame yes, I will...I'll reach out to him. (maybe do it as a surprise for your next anniversary? :) unless you think your hubby would be picky about the pictures you choose).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results