shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My next door neighbor's adult daughter is visiting.
She's about to get a $75 parking ticket because it's street-sweeping time.
I knocked on their door.
No answer.

Since they have huge windows you have to walk by to get to their door I saw their adult daughter walking around.

I have four phone numbers for them but all four went to voice mail, so I left four messages.

I could give up or walk into their backyard where I suspect the daughter is, wearing earbuds.
The parents and I are very close.
We hang out at each other's house often, but I'm not very familiar with their daughter.

It seems wrong to open their closed gate and enter their fenced backyard, especially since the daughter doesn't really know me but maybe she'd want me to in order to save her $75.
What is the more neighborly thing to do?

What would you do?

Q

Queenie60

I would leave a voicemail message on each phone. You don't want to scare the daughter. Especially since she's not familiar with you. Maybe toss something over the fence and hopefully it will startle her. Ha, ha!! :wavey:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't feel right going into the yard.

Maybe she'll notice if you knock on the gate? Or can she see you if you walk over to the gate and wave?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about opening the gate and peeking your head in and saying, "Hi!!" If she notices you you can just let her know about the ticket. Honestly if you're super close with her parents, I would just open the gate and be very friendly and say something to her. If it were me, I would love it if a neighbor went out of his way to help me avoid $75. I'm not a very "forward" person, but the way you describe your relationship with the parents, I would have no problem going through the gate. Just don't wear a ski mask. :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hold a big sign over the top of the fence letting her know that she is going to get a ticket if she doesnt move her car.

I would appreciate almost any/all efforts you made to get my attention in order to keep me from throwing my money away!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree tell her. Who cares if youcstartle her for 2 seconds she'll get over it when you save her the ticket fee.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hose. Water.

ETA :wink2:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Throw a brick over the fence with a note attached.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch! Tough crowd! :lol:

Thanks for the input, all.
Her dad got my msg and called her so she moved it in time.

I told him he owes me a $75 bottle of wine. :sun:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1447795376|3950941 said:
Hose. Water.

ETA :wink2:

:lol:

Yep, I'd take a sprinkle of water to save $75...I hate throwing money away!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a good neighbor and friend, Kenny :)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Glad he got your message. That was nice of you to save her the ticket fee! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results