shape
carat
color
clarity

What would YOU do?

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
I am in the middle of the planning/design process for my e-ring. I'm torn between two different scenarios. I love both stone shapes and can't decide.

Which would you do?

Scenario 1:
Go with a 1.21 ct. oval (7.78 x 5.75) in the Ritani Bella Vita 3-stone ring

Scenario 2:
Go with a 1.4 ct. round in a replica of the Ritani Bella Vita 3-stone ring

I think either stone would look really pretty in this setting. I"m just trying to visualize the size difference between the two stones.

Ahhhhh! I wish I was better at making decisions!

Please weigh in your personal preference!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would go with a smaller round in the actual Ritani setting :cheeky:

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the round in the replica, because 1) I like bigger, 2) I don't mind replica settings (I have one), and 3) I looked up the setting and I think a round would look better.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like pretty ovals so for me I would go with the oval or do what slg said and go with a smaller round.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Another option is the Tacori 2620 with the oval. :naughty:

I *could* do a smaller round, but the oval I had in mind is such a steal of a price (from a reputable vendor, no less) that I wouldn't even come close with a RB.

I wish I could visualize both side by side. Every mall store I go into never has ovals!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spesh2011|1318283381|3037266 said:

I *could* do a smaller round, but the oval I had in mind is such a steal of a price (from a reputable vendor, no less) that I wouldn't even come close with a RB.

I wish I could visualize both side by side. Every mall store I go into never has ovals!

Post pics of the oval. We'll tell you if it's worth it.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you know that your gf likes ovals, I'd go for it in the replica setting (I'm saying this not having seen the setting). Ovals are definitely less common than rounds, so I'd make sure you know that gf likes them before you go that route.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spesh2011|1318283381|3037266 said:

Do the smaller round with the Tacori 2620! Will make the stone look larger and everyone loves this setting! Ovals can be very beautiful when very well cut - generic ovals can have bowties that a lot of folks don't care for. You'd have to make sure that she really loves ovals and that you are buying a very well cut one.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
I am the "she". :) This is a stone from GOG that is not listed on their site. I'm waiting for Lynda to get back to the office so she can send me a pic. She has confirmed that the stone "is so well cut, you cannot see a bowtie". It does have a low clarity rating though so I've also inquired about that as well.

I hope I"ll have a pic in the next day or two.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spesh2011|1318286942|3037297 said:
I am the "she". :) This is a stone from GOG that is not listed on their site. I'm waiting for Lynda to get back to the office so she can send me a pic. She has confirmed that the stone "is so well cut, you cannot see a bowtie". It does have a low clarity rating though so I've also inquired about that as well.

Ha - my apologies! That's what happens when you assume! Glad that you are looking at a well cut stone - you'll just have to check out the clarity. They should be able to give you a good assessment as well - you're in good hands!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1318287669|3037306 said:
Spesh2011|1318286942|3037297 said:

Ha - my apologies! That's what happens when you assume! Glad that you are looking at a well cut stone - you'll just have to check out the clarity. They should be able to give you a good assessment as well - you're in good hands!

GOG doesn't blow smoke up your skirt when it comes to diamond cut so I'm going to assume the oval is going to be nice. YAY! They had a flipping OUTRAGEOUSLY gorgeous I clarity oval up a while ago (several months back... maybe even a year) so hopefully this one will be lovely as well.

IMO I'd get the oval. I REALLY would. In the original Ritani setting or other beautiful setting of your choice.

Can you post your setting options (face up and profile views of each would be best) so we can see?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First, I would never get a "replica" of anything, unless I was confident they weren't violating copyright law (e.g., the copyright was old enough to be in the public domain). I would feel weird about having my engagement ring being a fake version of a branded setting, especially a fake that might be legally actionable. I would either get a non-replica I liked as well as the Ritani, or the real thing.

I would definitely get a spreadier and cheaper cut if you like it, either oval or cushion. IMO rounds aren't worth the premium... but that's why my e-ring will soon have an emerald in it.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
I love rounds :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1318279053|3037221 said:
I would go with a smaller round in the actual Ritani setting :cheeky:

Me too!

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Yes, I feel extremely confident with GOG and have no issues whatsoever with Lynda's thoughts and opinions on their stones. She has been extremely truthful with me. It's great to have that trust .... especially when dealing with an online experience.

Attached are photos of the settings I'm thinking of .... the Tacori 2620, the Ritani Bella Vita 3 stone (it can be customized for an oval) and the Zora by Eternity Diamonds (this can also be customized for an oval).

MissStepCut, I kind of feel the same way. I was actually thinking about that tonight. I'm not sure of any copyright issues, but I was thinking in terms of other items like handbags. Silly, I know .... but (and no offense at all to anyone!), I wouldn't purchase a fake Louis Vuitton (or Gucci or Burberry or whatever) bag. I'd either buy the real thing or just go without so I wonder if that thinking should roll over to my ring as well.

Tacori 2620 Face.jpg

Tacori 2620 Profile.jpg

Ritani Bella Vita.jpg

Zora Face.jpg

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the Tacori better by a mile. More feminine, more graceful, more "finished."

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
This is the "try it free" Zora on my hand. I'm told that the gaps on the halo are just because the ring is a cheapie replica.

Eternity Zora.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the price on that tacori? Have you tried it on in person? I found that with Tacori whether I love or hate an individual piece REALLY depends on what it looks like in person.

For example I do not like their halos very much at all, especially since for the price of one of their settings in platinum I can easily get Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch to make me a custom piece by hand.

I really like Beverly K (which I believe GOG is now carrying as well)... and when I ask looking for settings they were willing to customize some of their styles for different shapes. I feel like their designs are like ritani and tacori had a child... and it was beverly k.

Here are a few of the ones I like:

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr467-a-d-d-m.html

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr1181-c-7-0rd-d-d-m.html

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr1192-a-6-5rd-d-d-m.html

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr1186-a-6-5rd-d-d-m.html

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr352-d-d-m.html

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr901-wf-d-d-m.html

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1318334002|3037657 said:
What is the price on that tacori? Have you tried it on in person? I found that with Tacori whether I love or hate an individual piece REALLY depends on what it looks like in person.

For example I do not like their halos very much at all, especially since for the price of one of their settings in platinum I can easily get Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch to make me a custom piece by hand.

I really like Beverly K (which I believe GOG is now carrying as well)... and when I ask looking for settings they were willing to customize some of their styles for different shapes. I feel like their designs are like ritani and tacori had a child... and it was beverly k.

Here are a few of the ones I like:

http://www.beverleyk.com/semi-mounts/8wr467-a-d-d-m.html

I love that first Beverly K. So pretty! The Tacori is lovely in person and I believe the price for a 1 ct. center stone is around $3k. What I love most about the Ritani/Eternity is the additional finger coverage from those 2 smaller side stones. They are only .10 each, but it does make a difference. I wish I could picture the Ritani with an oval center!

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Here is a photo of the stone.

I was told that even though there are a few larger inclusions, they are white and are located in areas of the diamond that camouflage them well in the facets. She also said that the whiteness and brilliance of the stone outweigh the inclusions. I also love the l/w ratio - I prefer the chubbier ovals. :)

Oval_Hand.JPG

Oval_NonHand.JPG

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto. I've not been impressed by the Tacori halos in person, because there's a lot of metal showing and the diamonds they use (at least in the 2620) are tiny!

I really like the oval! I'd go with that over a round.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
I really like this stone as well. It's very pretty! I asked her about it's sparkle so I'm waiting to hear back. I feel comfortable that she thinks it's such a great stone! I also think it would look super pretty in the Ritani setting. I like the additional finger coverage that the two small side stones provide. :love:

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Lynda said the stone was gorgeous (super white, brilliant, has some inclusions, but they are white and hidden within the facets) so I believe the bf went for it in the Ritani Bella Vita setting. :appl:

I hope it turns out as pretty as I imagine it will. :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a rad oval, congrats!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1318354271|3037825 said:

Ditto. I've not been impressed by the Tacori halos in person, because there's a lot of metal showing and the diamonds they use (at least in the 2620) are tiny!

I really like the oval! I'd go with that over a round.

I agree. I've never been a fan of Tacori halos. I think the melee they us is much too small, and like gypsy said, why spend the premium when you can have a master handmake a custom design for you at about the same cost.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Ahhh, I am officially freaking out about the size of the stone. In my heart, I always wanted to go bigger (like a 1.4 RB), but at the same time, I didn't want to break the bank and I guess the sensible person inside got the best of me. This stone came to me on a whim and was at a pricepoint that was extremely hard to ignore.

While this stone is a 1.21 ct. it seems to have the dimmensions of a stone that is closer to a carat. It's measurements are 7.78 x 5.75 (I do not know the depth) and I'm just feeling uneasy about it all.

The bf asked numerous times if I was sure about the stone, etc. and I kept saying yes. For some reason, his expense was more at the forefront of my mind than what was going to be on my finger. I know in my heart of hearts that it's not about how big the stone is. I am just so excited to finally have this committment with him. The ring is just a symbol, but I can't help but feel a little 'off' since it's not exactly what I had my heart set on.

I hope I didn't make a mistake in choosing this stone. :( Buying online can be so scary.

Anyone else have this kind of anxiety before?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results