shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought two gemstones recently from an Ebay seller. When they arrived it was clear that the auction photographs AND videos had been enhanced considerably. The pictures bore little resemblance to what I bought. I therefore left neutral, honest, feedback.

I''ve today received a message from the seller via Ebay saying that they would like to offer me a partial refund (a tiny amount) if I revised my feedback! Why do Ebay allow this? It makes a mockery of being honest in feedback.

I''m really not inclined to change my feedbut but do you think I''m being too principled? Should I just accept the money? Or, should I decline their offer?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
What I''d do is get a refund for the entire amount, return the stone, and then, and only then leave a neutral feedback. Tell them that if they don''t do that, you''ll leave a negative feedback. Glitterata also experienced the same thing in that the item she received was badly damaged and concealed by the ebay vendor.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - Sorry, I think I haven''t explained the situation properly.

I''ve already left neutral feedback (about 2 weeks ago). The emails I got today from Ebay are at the request of the seller basically suggesting they will give me $20 ($10 for each stone) if I "review" my feedback. I know that once feedback has been left it can''t be changed but it looks like Ebay are working to a different policy now i.e. allowing sellers to offer incentives to buyers to change their feedback!

One of the gemstones (although absolutely nothing like the auction) is quite pretty and I''m having it set. The other I''ve literally given to a friend who liked it (it was horrible). So returning for a refund isn''t an option.

I really don''t think for $20 I should change what I believe to be honest feedback. What do you think?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, I'd take the high road and not accept any money from the vendor. I'd also leave the comments unchanged. This is only fair to other prospective buyers who need to know that the seller is misrepresenting their goods.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Chrono.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results