shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,
I have this ring that has fancy yellow diamond pears in a three stone ring. It used to house my engagement ring diamond, but I upgraded a few years ago and took it out of the setting. Plus, my diamond was an H color and it didn''t really "pop" next to these lemony (is that a word?) colored diamonds. I was told today it could take a round stone or an oval. I can''t afford to put a diamond in for right now, so I''m open to any and all suggestions for colored gemstones.

Thanks for any suggestions

1.gif

DSCN02390001.JPG

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think I see yellow fire:)

DSCN02770001.JPG

Hera

Ideal_Rock
another pic

DSCN02740001.JPG

Hera

Ideal_Rock
another pic

DSCN02650001_1.JPG

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, what is the dimension of the gemstone that you are looking for? Are you looking for something to match the yellow diamonds?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
There's a 1 carat fake in there right now. It can take up to around 7.5 mm round stones. If it's oval it must take around 6.5 mm. Yes, I would like to "enhance" the yellow diamonds.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, how about a nice green tsavorite or peridot? It will go nicely with the yellow..

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i see a spessartite or a mali garnet. mali garnet ranges from green to golden to brownish and they have a high reflective index: if cut right can hold their own with a shiny diamond.

movie zombie

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Well those are some nice ideas, but what if I wanted the yellow diamonds to "stand out"?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Would you consider a black stone? That would make the yellow pop... Or a light lavendar stone?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think you''d be surprised at how much the diamonds would stand out with spess or mali garnet. i''d lean towards the mali myself.

sounds like you''re looking for a real color contrast: why not blue sapphire?

movie zombie

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 3:32:59 PM
Author: movie zombie
i think you'd be surprised at how much the diamonds would stand out with spess or mali garnet. i'd lean towards the mali myself.

sounds like you're looking for a real color contrast: why not blue sapphire?

movie zombie

That was my first thought... A blue sapphire on the deeper blue side (not "inky" though).
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a blue sapphire would be gorgeous!!!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,
I love all of your ideas!!! I never thought of a blue sapphire..... hmmm.....

Movie Zombie,
what color spess or mali garnet?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like a white diamond best to go with the yellow diamonds. I'd probably leave the fake in until you can replace it with a real diamond.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think blue or red would look great with it. Tanzanite or sapphire or garnet. I can''t wait to see what you decide.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 8:47:44 PM
Author: heraanderson
Hi All,
I love all of your ideas!!! I never thought of a blue sapphire..... hmmm.....

Movie Zombie,
what color spess or mali garnet?

spess comes in yellow-orangey all the way to red-orange or just red. mali garnet from a nice green sort of like a cat''s eyes to olive green to golden and brown hues. you can get an idea online but try and see them in person as only in that way can you really tell what the color is like. and the sparkle factor for a well cut mali is hard to beat.....and while i can see your diamonds on my monitor, there is no way unless i were to see them live and in person that i could tell you which color spess or mali i''d go for.

if i was going to do a blue sapphire, i''d go a bit lighter than the norm.....

i would think you''d want something that''s going to hold its own with the diamonds and not look flat next to them. some stones just don''t have the sparkle factor and those that do really need to be well cut.

also, you could go with white sapphire which would be interesting and perhaps you''d like it well enough to not replace it with a diamond.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results