shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this neon pink stone?

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

As mentioned in a previous thread, I bought this extremely gorgeous neon pink spinel :love: Actually, I SNATCHED it up (with no regard to my bills and/or being a responsible adult...) I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with it, besides the fact that it will definitely be a ring. It's pretty milky/sleepy/neon so I would like to do it justice with the appropriate setting so it POPS! Measurements are 8.65 x 6.68 x 5.04 mm, 2.56ct and described by Lotus Gemology as a transparent, pinkish-red, vivid saturation, medium tone (if that helps?). I'm in no rush to set it but would love to collect some ideas!

Option 1: I'm very far from creative so I would love to see how you guys would set it!! There are so many beautiful photos floating around here on the forum, so I'd love to see what you all have in mind for my little precious. Disregard my options below and let me know what YOU would do with it!

Option 2: If you're interested in helping me tailor the setting to my preferences... I guess I would describe my taste as being very polished and modern rather than an art deco style. I really don't like heavy bezels and prongs. And want to have as much sparkle on the ring as possible! I was thinking maybe a halo to make the pink really stand out but totally open to alternatives!

My pics (sorry my photos are sucky and only taken in my office lighting)
IMG-3456.jpg IMG-3458.jpg IMG-3460.jpg

Videos from the vendor.

Just for lols.... Is anyone else crazy like me???
Paid for the stone... Waited for lab report... Waited for shipping... Supposed to have delivered on Monday, but arrived to FedEx after driver was dispatched. :doh:
Delivery scheduled for the next day (signature required) and luckily my s/o was off so it was going to work out perfectly!
S/o left to pick me up for work which takes 10 minutes and THATS when the delivery guy comes.... I'm watching him in my security camera, hoping he will just leave the box like they normally do even with a signature required... No luck.. he leaves with the box and I'm screaming at my phone while watching LOL.
(If we have to pick up packages from the FedEx facility in Hawaii, the timeframe is only between 8-9 PM and its always so crowded & takes them forever to find things.)
Anyway, we're driving home in our complex and the FedEx driver is driving toward us!
Trust & believe I JUMPED out of the car and waved him down like a crazy person.. He thought it was funny and gave me my package, YAY!!!!
As soon as I opened the gem box.... It fell into my couch crevice.... I WAS PISSED.
It fell IN A BOX in the inside of my couch and the crevice was only about 2" and wouldn't budge (wood and all that). FML.....
Luckily I got it out with my aquascaping tweezers (2 hours later), but this is how much the color popped when I was shining the flashlight on it... and I was happy again lol.
IMG-3430.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adventure you’ve had with her already!
here’s my hot pink sapphire. Yellow gold and diamonds do make it pop. Excuse the 1980s setting, I personally love these ballerina settings. 32503EA6-7BEA-4482-972F-056D0A4E24BB.jpeg

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Wow your stone is gorgeous! I am personally in love with one of Icy_jade's settings and will probably attempt to have something similar made in the future lol. I think it will be a great fit for your stone too. The one containing the fire opal.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
here’s my hot pink sapphire. Yellow gold and diamonds do make it pop. Excuse the 1980s setting, I personally love these ballerina settings. 32503EA6-7BEA-4482-972F-056D0A4E24BB.jpeg

Hi Bron!! I really love that design, your ring is gorgeous :love:
I saw a sort of similar one at Tiffanys (I think)!
This one is definitely a contender, I like the way the diamonds are arranged so the bezel doesn't take much attention away from them. It must be sooo sparkly!!

I am leaning toward this ring being more of a special occasion piece, and this setting is definitely luxurious! There are tons of loved vendors on the forum, but do you have any preference? Wondering if theres a certain one that you think would do this setting justice!

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Wow your stone is gorgeous! I am personally in love with one of Icy_jade's settings and will probably attempt to have something similar made in the future lol. I think it will be a great fit for your stone too. The one containing the fire opal.

Thank you!! And THAT THREAD! WOWWW. I just went through every page. lol!! She has amazing taste.

In that photo, I really liked the setting on the larger opal, is that the one you were referring to?
I think a combination of that as well as the teal sapphire(?) setting in this photo!

How do you feel about a halo for my stone? Do you think its necessary? I'm undecided!
69969338-E334-44D1-84CA-A7BA924F4803.jpeg 370F94E2-3C06-46DE-B2D8-013C10442D10.jpeg 73BE868F-4875-462D-9BAA-94B03D58441E.jpeg
8E5590EF-601A-4BE9-8D53-060B55FD0E66.jpeg

Various unheated Sri Lankan sapphires, Boulder opal and tourmaline ring from Wriston

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is a million times more excitting than a halo !
I love this

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No suggestions but what a beautiful stone...can't wait to see how you set it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!! And THAT THREAD! WOWWW. I just went through every page. lol!! She has amazing taste.

@emegumi thanks! ::)

Have you had a look at the mahenge spinel thread to see how others have set their spinels?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Have you had a look at the mahenge spinel thread to see how others have set their spinels?

This thread:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first thought was that I would eat it because it looks like hard candy! Very nice stone!

I’m sure whatever you do with it, it will be gorgeous.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty basic. I think this neon stone would be awesome as the center of a 3-stone ring!

1616709515551.png
I went to ben bridge and tried a setting like this yesterday! I really liked it but I think I will set one of my other pinks in something like this. Thank you for sharing! :D

Omg I love the colour, just pops so beautifully! I’ve my tourmaline set in this way if you’re looking for some inspiration pics on how it might look at a solitaire-ish style!

75BA37A1-2137-48B9-823A-D768FAEA2E00.jpeg
7AF89BD9-AC5A-463E-9808-E63390110616.jpeg
I love the color of that tourmaline! Thank you for sharing your ring, its lovely!!

No suggestions but what a beautiful stone...can't wait to see how you set it!
Thank you so much!

This thread:
Thank you for sharing! I'm going through this thread and getting so side tracked with all of the different side threads and looking up posts from other users to see how they ended up setting their stones, LOL!!

My first thought was that I would eat it because it looks like hard candy! Very nice stone!

I’m sure whatever you do with it, it will be gorgeous.
Thank you very much!! I was thankful that it didn't fall onto the floor as my pup would've certainly ate it, haha. I think the reason I was so attracted to it initially is because it reminds me of the vibrantly colored japanese hard candies I had as a kid.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This rock, this rock, already with the adventures! :lol:
What about a butterflies type setting? Whether three stone or for a solitaire prong design?
Here is the setting with a beautiful blue sapphire, but it could definitely work for your elongated cushion. @Rosebloom also has a red (ruby?)stone ring with tapered baguettes that is also divine. Both very streamlined!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Gypsy set with two round side stones, with electric blue Topaz or blue Zircon.

The colour of the stone is beautiful :kiss2: , and I look forward to seeing the finished ring

DK :))

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it would look great with a halo. Congratulations on the color!! What a spectacular glow!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results