shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this danburite and aquamarine?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
It turns out my iPad takes pretty good videos of gemstones when the sun is out. The captured color is pretty spot on. Thanks for taking a look and sharing any ideas on how to set them!

9mm+ danburite from Precision Gem and 8mm+ aquamarine from Lisa Elser

Video link
https://youtu.be/BulN-DM7UO8
danburiteaquamarine.png

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Would a bypass ring with both stones work? Then there would be no need to prioritize which stone to set first! :Up_to_something:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thbmok|1452631254|3974931 said:
It turns out my iPad takes pretty good videos of gemstones when the sun is out. The captured color is pretty spot on. Thanks for taking a look and sharing any ideas on how to set them!

9mm+ danburite from Precision Gem and 8mm+ aquamarine from Lisa Elser

Wow those are gorgeous stones! Such great colors. I think a bypass like this one could be really pretty : il_214x170.763059730_moug.jpg

Not entirely sure if your stones would work for that since they are on the larger side (obviously not too large--no such thing :lol: )--I was just thinking maybe they might not be able to "fit" on the top of the finger in a bypass style. But I do think the colors compliment each other well so they would look great together!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would be inclined to have a by-pass ring made with the CSs and they are lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How noticeable is the size difference when they are right next to each other?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
According to vendor measurements there's a difference of 0.88 mm in diameter between the stones. The difference in size is immediately noticeable.

Definitely concerned that a bypass ring may not be practical to wear given the size of the stones, all the examples I have found online so far are with stones 8 mm or smaller.

But if it's workable how about these for inspiration?

dfwalter_leaf-bypass-ring.jpg
22953bkrc-w_1.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my own experience in trying to pair up two 8mm+ round stones for a bypass-style ring, I found that (just like in your inspiration settings above), each stone ends up setting on the finger slightly off-center... which increased my seeing tilt windows in both stones and decreased the likelihood of my seeing either/both stone at its best. While this did not occur when styling it more like a two-stone, with the two stones stacked vertically, to me, two stones each more than 8mm round set this way was not comfortable nor did it have the kind of "flow" a bypass design has.

Both of your stones are beautiful - if it were me, I'd set them each in a solitaire design that would be complementary and would allow you to stack them once in a while if you chose to, maybe even the same setting style if mixing metals.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be too large for a single bypass ring for me. Drop pendant if you want them set together, otherwise, they deserve a separate setting each.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1452701358|3975420 said:
It would be too large for a single bypass ring for me. Drop pendant if you want them set together, otherwise, they deserve a separate setting each.

Was just going to say the same. If you put them on the back of your hand, you'll be able to decide but together they look like they'd be too big for any finger...

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: I think this may be one of the very few cases where the stones are too big ...

Just trying to think of different ways of setting the stones as the colors seem to work well together. Drop pendant may well be something to consider ... what metal color should be used if I set them together?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the stones are too big for a by-pass ring, how about a by-pass bangle? Or a torque bangle?

DK :))

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps a bypass bangle would be better to minimize the tilt difference between the stones?

goldbypassbangle.jpg
fm34299-18w_laying_front.jpg
33933.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for linking the examples, woofmama! The pictures and videos on the site are really helpful. I think they all reinforce what marymm suggested earlier, that having the stones set off-center decreases the likelihood of seeing the stones at their best.

I think it may be best to set the stones on the same tilt plane ... perhaps something like this?
agb_3096b_l_2_st_turq_single_sq_cuff_bracelet.jpg

Or if I want a stacking look, something like this but without the center bezel/stone?
1856203303_2_1_1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such amazing stones. I like!!!
I love the first inspiration bangle you posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results