shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this chrysoberyl?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I saw this stone and wanted to add it to my collection, but it's a minty green, and I'm completely unable to envision how I'm going to set and wear it. Can anyone give me inspirations? Also, feel free to buy the stone if you want it for yourself, since I don't need to add any more debt, and I only buy stones once I have a good idea of how I'd be setting it.

1586469407574.png

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh - I really like that color! Would you say it is a good size for a ring? If so, I would set it north south with a trio of diamonds in a triangular shape on either side of the stone.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no help: I like the icier, mint-ier greens or the golden-browns. Yellow-green is less appealing to me. I don't know why. Maybe it's the same reason that Mr Yuck is the color he is -- we have an aversion to that color? But it looks well cut.

Maybe I'm also just trying to help talk you out of it since "debt" and "add to my collection" should not be in the same post, imo. Mods: feel free to ban me.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm going to pass on this unless someone has a killer idea that I feel I can wear. It's almost 5 carats. I generally love super saturated colors that aren't as mixed, hence no chartreuse, magenta etc. I like honey colors but no more than that of brown. No brownish colored diamond appeals to me, at least not at diamond prices. If I wear brown, I want dark chocolate brown.

Give me a saturated color, and I know I can set it with contrasting colors. This color, might look "meh" on my skin tone even if I haloed it with white diamonds. It would contrast nicely with a turquoise blue, but I don't find myself reaching for that color often, hence I have a problem seeing myself wear this.

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
Hmmm where did you find this stone? :twisted2:

I’d say put it with some other pastel floral colors like lavender and champagne

voce

Ideal_Rock
Search The Gem Trader and you'll see it @polarisfire. I usually don't wear pastel, so I'd love for another PS'er to get this.

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
Duh, I shoulda looked there first. I thought it looked a lot like TGT lighting lol. Man what a beauty and the size! but too much for me right now too :cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results