shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do? WF Valoria setting

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
What would you do?-
I upgraded my e-ring for an ACA, with a Valoria setting in RG, semi-custom.
Two weeks in, I came across a pic here on PS with a RG setting but with platinum head/prongs which I adore!
I immediately contacted WF but they told me that the setting has been shipped and if I wanted a platinum head/prongs, it would have to be a new order because it’s semi-custom.
Dilemma is, do I order a new setting and take the loss or keep with what I originally ordered?
I’m from Canada so I already have to fork over the extra cash because if the exchange rate and then the extra to pay the taxes on my order when it crosses the border. If I order the new setting with platinum head/prongs, it will add another $600-ish to my order and add that to the extra I will have to pay on taxes.... so what would you do?:confused:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
What would you do?-
I upgraded my e-ring for an ACA, with a Valoria setting in RG, semi-custom.
Two weeks in, I came across a pic here on PS with a RG setting but with platinum head/prongs which I adore!
I immediately contacted WF but they told me that the setting has been shipped and if I wanted a platinum head/prongs, it would have to be a new order because it’s semi-custom.
Dilemma is, do I order a new setting and take the loss or keep with what I originally ordered?
I’m from Canada so I already have to fork over the extra cash because if the exchange rate and then the extra to pay the taxes on my order when it crosses the border. If I order the new setting with platinum head/prongs, it will add another $600-ish to my order and add that to the extra I will have to pay on taxes.... so what would you do?:confused:

I would suggest to give the ring (that is coming) a chance. Wear it for a few months and see how you like it. You do not want to get another brand new setting and then you will see something else you might like and then what?

You got a beautiful ring, enjoy it for what it is. If you, after a few months, still cannot do so, and you really need the RG with platinum prongs, get that one.

Last edited:

bps413

Shiny_Rock
Have you received your original Valoria yet? I would wait until you get it in person and take some time to enjoy it! You were drawn to the all RG in the first place and I presume you'll adore it once you have it in your possession. It's easy to see other PS photos and instantly feel like you should have gone a different direction - trust me...I get this feeling a lot!

My other thought is, let's say you end up not liking the style or feel of the Valoria for whatever reason. Better to find that out the first time around, rather than being out additional money for the 2nd one with a platinum head AND THEN determining you want to go a different direction all together.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think the white gold prongs would make you happy, go for it. Return shipping won’t be cheap either so I would let them switch it out while they have it if I really wanted white gold prongs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely prefer the platinum head. I'd have them change it now and avoid the hassle of waiting for the ring and then returning it.

Although the comment above was good...you need to be 100% sure you love that setting before adding more money to it!

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
Have you received your original Valoria yet? I would wait until you get it in person and take some time to enjoy it! You were drawn to the all RG in the first place and I presume you'll adore it once you have it in your possession. It's easy to see other PS photos and instantly feel like you should have gone a different direction - trust me...I get this feeling a lot!

My other thought is, let's say you end up not liking the style or feel of the Valoria for whatever reason. Better to find that out the first time around, rather than being out additional money for the 2nd one with a platinum head AND THEN determining you want to go a different direction all together.

The ring is expected to be completed and shipped on Feb. 1st.
And yes, definitely seeing all these photos can easily sway anyone!;-)... I almost did!
I actually never thought I may not like the setting after all... thanks for mentioning!

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
I would suggest to give the ring (that is coming) a chance. Wear it for a few months and see how you like it. You do not want to get another brand new setting and then you will see something else you might like and then what?

You got a beautiful ring, enjoy it for what it is. If you, after a few months, still cannot do so, and you really need the RG with platinum prong, get that one.

Makes sense but I’m not sure that I can buy a setting only from WF. I will have to inquire. Another quibble is to find a local jeweller that I feel confident will handle my ring with care. I will just have to ask around if I do! Thanks!

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
I definitely prefer the platinum head. I'd have them change it now and avoid the hassle of waiting for the ring and then returning it.

Although the comment above was good...you need to be 100% sure you love that setting before adding more money to it!

I will actually ask WF why they couldn’t just send MY setting back where they ordered it from and changeout the head. They are telling me that I have to order a brand new setting, which seems a little odd since I don’t even have the ring yet. Thanks!

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
If you think the white gold prongs would make you happy, go for it. Return shipping won’t be cheap either so I would let them switch it out while they have it if I really wanted white gold prongs.

:) Oh the shipping fees.. :???:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a yellow gold three stone setting but the prongs are platinum. I prefer the look of white prongs on a white diamond but that is just my personal preference. Not sure how sure you are that you want to change the prongs but if you think you are, I wouldn’t want to pay for shipping it back and forth to them again and still incur the cost of changing the head.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn't WF have a 30 day return policy on settings? I could be mistaken. Thought I read that somewhere.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

You got a beautiful ring, enjoy it for what it is. If you, after a few months, still cannot do so, and you really need the RG with platinum prongs, get that one.
I agree with @daisygrl. I’m waiting for my upgrade with the Valoria setting in platinum too. I cannot wait to get it and crossing my fingers that I like it.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn't WF have a 30 day return policy on settings? I could be mistaken. Thought I read that somewhere.

Not if they are custom-made. Those sales are final.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
I can't wait to see your Valoria! I'm also thinking of getting the Valoria. I have narrowed it down to the Valoria and WF Classic 6 prong knife edge. What customizations did you have WF do on your rose gold prong Valoria? Just a thought in case you end up keeping the rose gold prong ring and this isn't your forever diamond, you could get 50% value on the current Valoria applied towards another designer setting or Valoria platinum prong setting when you change your diamond.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will actually ask WF why they couldn’t just send MY setting back where they ordered it from and changeout the head. They are telling me that I have to order a brand new setting, which seems a little odd since I don’t even have the ring yet. Thanks!
This is not a peg head where the head can easily be swapped out. The head is integral to the setting. I'm pretty sure the maker would have
to start over from scratch to get a rose gold shank with white prongs.

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
I can't wait to see your Valoria! I'm also thinking of getting the Valoria. I have narrowed it down to the Valoria and WF Classic 6 prong knife edge. What customizations did you have WF do on your rose gold prong Valoria? Just a thought in case you end up keeping the rose gold prong ring and this isn't your forever diamond, you could get 50% value on the current Valoria applied towards another designer setting or Valoria platinum prong setting when you change your diamond.

Hi mochidiamonds,

I asked that they smooth out the knife edge. I really liked it was 6 prong with subtle tapering, as well as the width but not the knife edge.
WF noted after Valoria confirmed they couldn’t change out the head that they could apply their 50% value towards another setting. I’m happy about that! Now I’m just waiting for some pics to make my descision!

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
This is not a peg head where the head can easily be swapped out. The head is integral to the setting. I'm pretty sure the maker would have
to start over from scratch to get a rose gold shank with white prongs.

That’s exactly the case! It would have to be redone. Just waiting on pics to make a decision. The more I Google the more I’m leaning towards changing it but it’s TBD

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@vwbarb101, glad WF can apply 50% of the value towards a platinum head version in case you decide to change it. Can't wait to see your ring!! :)

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
I just posted my pics on another Valoria thread... ooops!:twirl:
Here are the pics from WF without the diamond. I asked to see the setting to make my final decision. FFA51929-0C52-4E66-8B65-404BFD0F4811.png

Attachments

• 7207D8CF-3026-452B-A472-D09DBBA057D2.png
    7207D8CF-3026-452B-A472-D09DBBA057D2.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 04A327D8-9604-4E81-AAD9-5735263557F1.png
    04A327D8-9604-4E81-AAD9-5735263557F1.png
    405.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 3EBDA9F8-D45F-481B-8E76-2143A49AA82A.png
    3EBDA9F8-D45F-481B-8E76-2143A49AA82A.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 2B2FB3A7-253F-42B2-B99F-7200DBE372D9.png
    2B2FB3A7-253F-42B2-B99F-7200DBE372D9.png
    680.4 KB · Views: 91

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks so stunning in rose gold. I am thinking of getting the same setting in white gold BUT if I were getting it in either rose or yellow gold I would want the head to be the same color. For me the two tone look doesn't look as fluid and seamless and I love the look of the colored prongs delicately hugging the diamond. It's all personal preference though and maybe best to see how you feel once you have it on your finger. Please post photos when you receive it I would love to see it, especially in rose gold!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results