shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do....size matters

icehitter

Rough_Rock
dollyanjuli|1470079402|4061375 said:
Icehitter, i know in one of your threads you said that a sales person was pushing a henri Daussi on your wife. Did she like that look? I ask because they are cut with a huge face up size. Some people love them (I find some of them to be really enchanting) but some people hate them. Because of how shallow they are a majority of them lack "sparkle" but there are some that are truly beautiful, to me at least. And they have that elongated look she likes.

I ask because ID Jewelry in NY can get them and for a much better price. They can call in stones for you directly from Daussi or see if they have something that fits with what they have in their inventory, and you can tell them what you are looking at in terms of measurements (for example, as close to 8x7 as possible) and they can dig around.

They have a few on their website: http://idjewelry.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=desc&order=price&q=daussi

Grace of Jewels by Grace JUST had one that may have been perfect but i think it is sold...

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-51ct-daussi-cushion-cut-diamond-halo-ring-gia-j-si2#.V5-hpDaMDBI

(She knows about the stone/ring now bc I just don't think I can commit to a stone without making sure she loves it)

I read her this and she said she thought the K looked yellow in the store (but looked white when we walked outside). She said it didn't sparkle much.
I don't remember exactly but I want to say it was just over a carat, K, S2 and was in a halo on sale for 12k. We both thought that was way too much.

I'm going to let her see the Canera Cushion and nake the call. I am going to have her read about it from the person who actuallyhad it in hand too. If she likes it we will order it and make sure she loves it since he has a great return policy.

That said...do you negotiate on stones or is what they list the final price?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
my worry would be if she thinks the K was too yellow, an M is going to have MUCH more color. I saw your other thread and just posted about the color in there.

re: negotiating, I think some sellers do and some don't. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong but I think with Victor they benefit will be in purchasing the setting and stone from him, Probably won't do a discount on stone alone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results