shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you call this interior decorating style?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's consistently over the top ornate; I'll give the former inhabitants that! They went in one direction and ran with it, at least. I bet it made them very happy. Taste is so subjective, isn't it?
True dat!

I'm sure they absolutely loved it.
I wonder what guests said. ???

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sure their guests had a lot to say...under their breath. I had a friend whose neighbor's home we used to play at. The family was Iranian but the home was decorated in a similar style. We thought it was super cool. I remember my mother thinking it was the height of tacky. LOL

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Decorated in early f*ck" :lol:

I jest I jest... its very ummm...ornate!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm serious, I think it's cool! Maybe I'd tone it down some of the rooms, but most I'd leave it that way. And I'd lounge around in backless maxi dresses and throw cool swinger cocktail parties
hashtag#livingthedream

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Liberace Meets Elvis.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm serious, I think it's cool! Maybe I'd tone it down some of the rooms, but most I'd leave it that way. And I'd lounge around in backless maxi dresses and throw cool swinger cocktail parties
hashtag#livingthedream

I can totally understand how some would find it cool.
Here in LA we have some chichi retro stores that sell those vintage paintings on black velvet of Elvis and posters of those sad kids with eyes the size of tennis balls.
Those decorative acrylic huge grapes, authentic ones, can now sell for hundreds of dollars.
This was crap you couldn't give away at the end of garage sales 20 years ago.

If you're into that vibe this house would be heaven.

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.44.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.45.48 AM.png

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can totally understand how some would find it cool.
Here in LA we have some chichi retro stores that sell those vintage paintings on black velvet of Elvis and posters of those sad kids with eyes the size of tennis balls.
Those decorative acrylic huge grapes, authentic ones, can now sell for hundreds of dollars.
This was crap you couldn't give away at the end of garage sales 20 years ago.

If you're into that vibe this house would be heaven.

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.44.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.45.48 AM.png
Now that you reminded me, those grapes were really cool. Everyone had 'em.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My eyeballs are bleeding....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I would totally put one (no more than one I don't want nightmares) of those big eyed paintings in a rec room situation. And I used to have a light fixture on the back porch that was a hanging bunch of glass "grapes" with a light bulb in the middle (similar to below, but grapes were green). Alas, my house decor is pretty normal right now. Maybe too normal.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/508153...ll&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=glass grape lamp&ref=sc_gallery_10&plkey=ef7c9f189f346042af55a0bdb1133472aee487e9:508153197

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
C'mon folks, 'fess up your decorating embarrassment. I'll start (sort of):

Most of my parents' houses are custom built so they have architects' or decorators' guidance. But they couldn't stop my mom from installing an avocado-colored kitchen. Everything was avocado green -- even the fridge! The only excuse was that it was still in the vicinity of the 70's :mrgreen:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 'fession is the 1970s distressed mirror tiles on the entire living room/dining room wall...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results