shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
With $1,500 to spend?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
plane ticket to go see the love of my life :}

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting Q! Did you see my "Diamond for Christmas" post?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm because I am in 'house mode'...probably furniture for our new house.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, funny enough this is EXACTLY how much money I'm working to stash away for myself for my next birthday. My goal is .8 carat total weight diamond earrings (.4 each ear). When the money is finally saved up, who knows if I'll go through and buy my dream h&A earrings or if I'll just keep saving my money up instead.
1.gif

What would you buy Jaxie?

Michelle

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
All fabulous ideas.
2.gif

But since my love is here and am not desiring any furniture....any ideas in the jewelry category?

:D

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/25/2003 10:52:54 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

Well, funny enough this is EXACTLY how much money I'm working to stash away for myself for my next birthday. My goal is .8 carat total weight diamond earrings (.4 each ear). When the money is finally saved up, who knows if I'll go through and buy my dream h&A earrings or if I'll just keep saving my money up instead.
1.gif

What would you buy Jaxie?

Michelle----------------

Well I suppose that is what I am trying to figure out. So suggestions are helpful!

I have earrings already, but they are smaller 0.50ctw. Hmmm....maybe bigger earrings.

Keep those ideas rolling!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay since we are talking jewelry....
2.gif

I already have 1ctw diamond studs and my e-ring...if I didn't have my pendant, that would be my first priority. I was already planning on getting one next year--something like a .45c ACA in a thin bezel. But since I have my Regent pendant, my top priority right now is saving for a 10 stone 1ctw ring for my right hand...I tried one on recently and fell in love. So sparkly and low profile, really classy with the small stones. I would have it built with ACA melee. But since it would probably be more like $2k rather than $1500...maybe I'd have to settle for a 7 stone
1.gif

Barring that...a diamond bracelet would be fun, since my current was just a maul purchase and I could have some fun building a link diamond (e.g. a bar of metal then a diamond, bar of metal, then diamond) bracelet with something like ACA melee stones (.05 each, 20 of them?). Doing something like this would probably be around $1500 to build...depending on metal, and assuming there is a pre-existing non-custom bracelet setting.

Those are my ideas
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is you favorite color, Jax?
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jax - my current earrings are also .5 total weight and if you're not wanting to upgrade earrings, I'd go for a pendant. I just put a .38 diamond into a pendant and it and my earrings make an elegant and fun everyday set. For 1500, you could easily get a great H&A diamond that compliments your earrings.

Michelle

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Hoping I don't start a major commotion, but;

For a $1500 budget you can wind up with a fairly generic mounting and small or mediocre stones, OR invest in an exceptional or even custom mounting and a really nice Charles and Colvard synthetic or Chatham Emerald. Even a nice natural colored stone fits in that budget.
Sorry Diamond people....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results