shape
carat
color
clarity

What will come of these protests that have evolved into riots?

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Trump will do anything to distract from his mismanagement of Covid-19. If that means making this bad situation worse, he’s gonna do it. If he addressed the nation and made promises toward equality, that might stop the drama and shift the focus back on his incompetence. The dude knows how to manipulate the news cycle. He’s been doing it since he was a nominee.

Yup. Stoke conservative or non conservative outrage (depends whatever serves best) reinforce stereotypes (social AND political) and distract so focus is on everything but own shortcomings. It's getting so obvious but somehow people on both sides fall. for. it. every.time.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
If you watch the live news on TV most of the looting are being committed by AAs. There are many peaceful AA protesters across the country but sadly, looting is the headline new on TV not the murder of G. Floyd.

Did you watch the video of the jewelry store being looted? It's in the LA Jewelry store being looted thread.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I see a little light. Who in this country has the power?. Big business. So, this morning the Pres an Chairman of BofA, Brian Moynihan, announced his company will pledge 1 billion to combat Systemic Inequities in our society. Bof A wast he first bank to make $15.00 he starting wage.

The second instance was more impressive to me. The Chairman and Pres of AT&T suggested that businesses like his use lobbyists to pressure legislators to vote their way on something they want. He suggested business use their lobbyists to gain opportunity and equity for people of color. If business would push their own lobbyists to act, we would see changes. To me, this is a powerful idea. I have no doubt Brian Moyihan and Jamey Dimond would get on board. If you get the right lobbyists you will get something done.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you watch the video of the jewelry store being looted? It's in the LA Jewelry store being looted thread.
Yes, I wish the owner was inside and shoot the looters as they enter the store. They have no right to steal other people's properties.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I wish the owner was inside and shoot the looters as they enter the store. They have no right to steal other people's properties.

My point was, did you see many blacks in that video?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My point was, did you see many blacks in that video?
A better Q is ...did you see any Asians in that video?
It doesn't matter the color of their skins...is just wrong!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Worse case scenario?

Martial Law.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeBlasio turned down Cuomo’s offer to send in the National Guard.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
A better Q is ...did you see any Asians in that video?
It doesn't matter the color of their skins...is just wrong!

I was responding to your statement of "most of the looting are being committed by AAs". Asians weren't and aren't being discussed. If the color of their skin doesn't matter, why did you bring it up?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People are angry and rightly so. Not just because of Mr Floyd’s murder but because of the way people of colour always come second or third or twenty fifth!
It isn’t just racism, it’s the inequality.
POC suffer more at every turn, job losses, lack of employment opportunities, education, health care.
And nothing changes for them. Just like changing the gun laws. Every now and then there is an uprising like now, people are incensed, people protest, people demand change, demand their voices be heard, but after 2 weeks or so, after empty promises are made to appease the masses, though nothing will change the people become tired, beat down so they go back to their lives until next time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy i wonder if his daughter getting arrested as a protester changed his mind?

Someone found this from a few years ago:
1424632B-D23D-43A1-AF36-F625BBAE49A6.jpeg

I think he was proud of his DD getting arrested or at least taking part in the protest. I support all those engaging in peaceful protest. We all have to do whatever we can to make positive changes.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he was proud of his DD getting arrested or at least taking part in the protest. I support all those engaging in peaceful protest. We all have to do whatever we can to make positive changes.

He was also blaming other protesters for "not getting out of the way" when they got run over by cops, so I'd like to think his heart softened to protesters a bit when he found out his daughter was one and arrested. But maybe its wishful thinking :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was also blaming other protesters for "not getting out of the way" when they got run over by cops, so I'd like to think his heart softened to protesters a bit when he found out his daughter was one and arrested. But maybe its wishful thinking :lol:

He’s a huge hypocrite imo and self serving most of the time. I’m not a fan.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was responding to your statement of "most of the looting are being committed by AAs". Asians weren't and aren't being discussed. If the color of their skin doesn't matter, why did you bring it up?
Look at the videos of looting in NYC. Again, it is wrong to steal no matter the color of your skin!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DDDD7440-0237-46AF-98E4-DF60D262E0E7.jpeg
I don’t care if you think people shouldn’t bring children to a protest, this image is chilling.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
It is! So don't be the one that brings up skin color! Because clearly its many races/ethnicities.

He just likes to stir the pot. Now they should all be shoot over property. So sad
Look at the videos of looting in NYC. Again, it is wrong to steal no matter the color of your skin!

It’s Wrong for the police to Murder people no matter the color of their skin. Feel outrage for that instead of material possessions that business owners have insurance for and will be reimbursed.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All Lives Matter is a lie regardless of the context in which it's used. On a systemic societal level all lives do not matter nor do they matter equally. Strip away the dogma, rhetoric, and logical fallacies and here's the reality: Soldiers lives matter less than the people they are sent to war to protect. Homeless people and mentally ill people who are living in the streets mean less or else they wouldn't be there and we wouldn't shrilly protest when our taxes are increased to create programs to help them. We wouldn't complain when tiny home neighborhoods are created to help them. NIMBY, right? We don't want them to bring their drugs and crime into our neighborhood.

How many parents would put the life of someone else over the life of their child?

During the covid pandemic, triage was used to choose who would live and who would die when resources were stretched thin. The lives of adults and children slaughtered by gun violence mean less than the right to own guns. So that's the societal level. What about the personal level -- Here's a test: You come upon a car accident flames licking toward the gas tank; 2 injured people. There is no impediment, no physical barrier stopping you from rescuing but you have time to rescue only one before the car explodes. What do you do?

I make distinctions about whose life matters more to me based on personal experience and personal beliefs -- the lives of pedophiles, animal abusers, child abusers, neo nazis and those of similar ilk matter less to me and I'm ok with that.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.40.32 PM.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s Wrong for the police to Murder people no matter the color of their skin. Feel outrage for that instead of material possessions that business owners have insurance for and will be reimbursed.
Their livelihood is gone not just for the owners but also for all their employees.

So, You don't mind if the rioters burn down your house?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results