shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your favorite holiday gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
What was your favorite gift? I got some Jo Malone orange blossom cologne and I love it. I have one other present coming that will most likely be my favorite. What did you get? Were you surprised?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband got me a jewelry store for our Christmas village (which I'm afraid to put out lest The Demon eat all the little people again like he did two years ago!). It is called Pearlson's Jewelers and for a minute I thought it said Pearlman's!

The other thing that I really enjoyed was watching The Demon open his presents. I feel like I have some understanding of what you people with kids go through on Christmas morning because it was so much fun watching him open his new squeaky squirell and honking mallard in the santa hat (which he promptly hid behind the tree so that no other dogs could break into the house and steal it while he was opening his other gifts
20.gif
).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AW DeeJay that''s soooo cute! "Pearlson''s" instead of "Pearlmans!" LOL!
3.gif
I don''t blame you one bit for keeping those things "safe" for a few years til Demon dog learns how to leave them alone!

My favorite gift this year was something not too expensive, but very meaningful from my parents...they gave me a carved sassafras wood keepsake bowl/box with a sterling silver lid with a butterfly kind of "carved" into it...it''s really beautiful and reminds me of growing up in the woods in Indiana and the love my father and I share of butterflies. Of course I can keep jewelry stored in it (not much, it''s sorta small), so it''s just lovely. It certainly brought tears to my eyes when they both explained to me why they chose it for me and wanted me to have it.

36.gif
Hope everyone had a very fruitful holiday!
35.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Oddly enough my favorite gift was a Christmas Card that played a song when you opened it. It was special because this was our first married Christmas and the card was "to my wife"..

The journey diamond necklace wasn''t too bad either !

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2006 1:04:13 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
My husband got me a jewelry store for our Christmas village (which I''m afraid to put out lest The Demon eat all the little people again like he did two years ago!). It is called Pearlson''s Jewelers and for a minute I thought it said Pearlman''s!
Ha Ha Ha, DJ, I have the same jewelry store for my village! No village is complete without a jewelry store!!!

My favorite present was the sapphire pendant my husband got me. It is absolutely gorgeous and was a total surprise.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were some of the gifts the kids got at the shool holiday fair. They put so much effort into getting such cute things for the family.

And then of course, my Rod Stewart tickets from DH.... can''t wait!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my gifts, but my favorite is the little picture and frame my youngest made me and my hubby, but he keeps asking for it back! It has a cute photo of him in it, and he glued little things all around it...

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
My favorite gift was the fluffy white robe my FI gave me! It''s the softest, cuddly robe I''ve ever had...love it!
30.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My favorites were the glasses and flatware purchased off our registry! But the favorite I get to use now? My jewelry box the FI gave me, with an engraved silver plate that reads "Forever Amber" It''s beautiful. Okay, and the two robes he got me.
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get crystals from my kids each year and this year I got a surfboard one and I love it!!! It''s 50mm long and just so cool lol My other two kids got me a fairy wing and moon crystals... and I got a DS game from DH - brain age. Its kind of a long story.... he got me an US machine and it didn''t arrive in time and we got one DS for the kids to share just to see how well it got used etc. and decided to give it to ME so that the gifts were balanced etc. and so that I could lord it over them so to speak lol anyway I was joking that I didn''t have a game.... and I did kind of want this game butwhen I opened the box thinking I knew what was inside and it was on top it took me totally by surprise and it was my only surprise (other than that my MIL who usually picks out awesome clothes for me gave me a gift card ::sigh
5.gif
and I love surprises so it was a great surprise and that gets double bonus points lol I think my dh is tapped out for jewelry gifts for at least 5 years ;-) The harry and david dark chocolate truffles aren''t bad either ;-) hehee

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my new bag for sure...but the second fave gift was this wrought iron bowl that my cousin and his wife gave us, she''s an interior designer and has fabulous taste...she and i are very similar and get along fabulously. they chose us for the family gift name draw and gave us this awesome bowl for on top of our kitchen island that is dark patina''d wrought iron on the outside and inside the bowl it''s beautiful shiny polished bronze...the bowl is made up of all these marguerite daisy flowers all melded into each other. it''s sooo awesome. one thing i love is that she buys direct from the manufacturer and they don''t make that many of the pieces they sell, so it''s not like something you''d get a PB or anything, it''s pretty unique. we could put fruit in it, but the inside is so pretty it almost looks better with nothing in it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 2:31:52 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

That was my best gift..
1.gif
Awww, that was so sweet!!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that is so sweet SD!!

My coach bag is definitely my favorite gift this year. I also got a few other gifts I really like. I got an Aromatherapy Car Diffuser (Lavender scent, which is my favorite, and one other scent). I really like it and can''t wait to try it out. And I got a Safety Cross 6-in-1 Personal Safety Device, which is really cool. It requires no batteries. It''s on of those winding things (30 seconds of winding equals 1 hour of power) and has a super bright LED flashlight, signal flasher, cell phone charger, siren, emergency radio, and compass.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 2:29:52 PM
Author: Mara
my new bag for sure...but the second fave gift was this wrought iron bowl that my cousin and his wife gave us, she''s an interior designer and has fabulous taste...she and i are very similar and get along fabulously. they chose us for the family gift name draw and gave us this awesome bowl for on top of our kitchen island that is dark patina''d wrought iron on the outside and inside the bowl it''s beautiful shiny polished bronze...the bowl is made up of all these marguerite daisy flowers all melded into each other. it''s sooo awesome. one thing i love is that she buys direct from the manufacturer and they don''t make that many of the pieces they sell, so it''s not like something you''d get a PB or anything, it''s pretty unique. we could put fruit in it, but the inside is so pretty it almost looks better with nothing in it.
would you post a pic of this please??? :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
so he even had his commander in on it? haha what a great guy :) congrats on the whole thing for you :)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 3:39:43 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Snlee & Ellen, it still just make me beam to think about it.
face23.gif
That was a very special gift for sure!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Okay, I admit to being a SOG (silly old Grandma) as every year I look forward to the annual granddaughter photos and I was not disappointed this year. My DH and I have been blessed in having two great kids who are now both married and each couple has a daughter. Our older DG is 11 (going on 21) and the younger is six and we are bursting with pride as they are both healthy, happy and , best of all, kind .
30.gif

Oh, and as any SOG would say, they''re beautiful and intelligent too.

Would I rather be living anyone else''s life??? Not a chance!!!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My favorite gift was from my husband, he''s taking me to Maui for 6 days in May.

Diamondfan: your son wanting the gift back is too darn funny!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My husband got me a jewelry store for our Christmas village (which I''m afraid to put out lest The Demon eat all the little people again like he did two years ago!). It is called Pearlson''s Jewelers and for a minute I thought it said Pearlman''s!

The other thing that I really enjoyed was watching The Demon open his presents. I feel like I have some understanding of what you people with kids go through on Christmas morning because it was so much fun watching him open his new squeaky squirell and honking mallard in the santa hat (which he promptly hid behind the tree so that no other dogs could break into the house and steal it while he was opening his other gifts
20.gif
).
DeeJay is your village the Department 56 Snow Village? If so I MUST find this piece - a jewelry store how perfect is that??? I''d still like to get a bank too to commemorate my old career. Cute story about the Demon, my dog is also very protective of her new toys!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My favorite gift was the ACA diamond studs my DH bought from Whiteflash for me
9.gif
10.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2006 4:51:36 PM
Author: Sundial

My husband got me a jewelry store for our Christmas village (which I'm afraid to put out lest The Demon eat all the little people again like he did two years ago!). It is called Pearlson's Jewelers and for a minute I thought it said Pearlman's!

20.gif
).

DeeJay is your village the Department 56 Snow Village? If so I MUST find this piece - a jewelry store how perfect is that??? I'd still like to get a bank too to commemorate my old career. Cute story about the Demon, my dog is also very protective of her new toys!

Yep, Dept. 56. We try to get a new building every year but we skipped putting up the village last year after The Demon ate all the ice skaters the first Christmas we had him. You would think he would have figured out after the first few that they weren't that tasty.
20.gif

I also have a bank (since I'm in finance) and we have a Starbucks (which is where I met the happy hubby, but I don't think that was a Dept. 56 piece). My favorite one is the Chinese restaurant. That one is retired now but I think it's so cute!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, this is easy!

the ACA 1.54 RB from WF, in a martini white gold pendant setting

but I''ll probably take it back next week to get it set in a 4 prong basket,
the little stinker keeps bowing it''s head!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, he is so funny...he was SO excited for us to open it, and then kept saying, Well, I want it too! Then I would distract him for a sec and he would be fine, but the minute he saw it on my desk he would say, That''s just my picture and I want it...if I said he made it for us, he would say, very seriously, But it''s a picture of ME so I should have it...gotta love that logic! (he is only 5)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a beautiful diamond pendant by Penny Preville from Hubby. We were shopping in Princeton, I saw it and fell in love. Our son was with us. He loved it too. It has a pink sapphire center, the bail is encrusted with diamonds and opens in the back so I can wear it on pearls, or the dimaond chain that I wear with Nanny''s eternity ring and wedding ring. We got a phone call while in the store from our real estate broker in Nantucket. Hubby said we gotta go, and discuss the house. So I left, had no info except the designer''s name. Good news was we got the house later that day!!! A few weeks later he asked Rob what was that pendant that mom wanted, as he picked him up from boarding school. Sure enough Rob went to the store and pointed right to it. Gotta love that!!
3.gif
Anyway I was totally surprised to recieve it Christmas morning. I owe my son big time
2.gif
Plus I love that he was able to keep it a secret. He''s usually the one that blabs about gifts. My hubby did good with this one!!!!!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot wait to see it in person...sounds so pretty. I think it is so smart for designers to make bails with clasps so you can use it on pearls...makes so much sense to me...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 8:03:26 PM
Author: diamondfan
Kimberly, he is so funny...he was SO excited for us to open it, and then kept saying, Well, I want it too! Then I would distract him for a sec and he would be fine, but the minute he saw it on my desk he would say, That's just my picture and I want it...if I said he made it for us, he would say, very seriously, But it's a picture of ME so I should have it...gotta love that logic! (he is only 5)
I can imagine! Kids are the best part of gift giving. We visited my Aunt who has 11 grandchildren and the youngest, who is 7, was ripping through a present and held it up to show her mom, her mom says "Who is that from" and Jessie looks up, shrugs her shoulders and says "I don't know someone just gave it to me and Scott [her 21 year old cousin] let me open it." She's this beautiful little innocent looking freckle-faced red head and you just can't help but laugh.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite gift was a gift I gave this year. My mom wasn''t expecting anything nice since she''s re-doing a bathroom right now, but dad and I chipped in and bought her a nice pair of south sea pearl earrings. We hid them in the fridge and then asked her to get us a beverage...she was so surprised!! She almost cried!! It''s so fun giving a great gift to someone.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, that's a tough one.

I did get some new jewelry . . . garnet drop earrings and a citrine right hand ring.

And then there's the house we suddenly decided to buy right before Christmas.

The sweetest presents were the ones my 4 year old nephew picked out for me (a squishy worm ball and a Christmas ornament). My husband left yesterday and my nephew thought I had gone too and forgotten my presents. When I came back from the store he ran up to me to give me my squishy worm ball back.

This child speaks in the most formal manner. When you compliment him he says, "Oh, yes. Oh, thank you." When he opened his presents he'd say things like, "Actually, I needed this. I wanted this! Oh, thank you." Apparently he and another boy in his pre-K had a debate about whether or not infinite is the last number. At one point over Christmas he told me, "Essentially, all trolls are nasty," and then he asked me if trolls are real. I wasn't sure how to handle that one.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son says Actually too! It is so funny to hear that come out of the little man!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Good post!

Hands down my favorite Christmas present this year is my mikimoto pearl & diamond earrings from FI. They''re stunning and very elegant. I''ll wear them at our wedding. And I was very surprised! I''d shown him some like these but didn''t think he''d get them for me!
1.gif

My second would have to be my Lenox Jubilee Toasting Flutes with small crystals in the stem. We will use them at our wedding.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2006 10:14:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love my gifts, but my favorite is the little picture and frame my youngest made me and my hubby, but he keeps asking for it back! It has a cute photo of him in it, and he glued little things all around it...
Oh DF, I love this... how sweet!! I used to nanny for a family during the summers, and at the end of my last year with them, their youngest gave me a framed pic of the two of us with our names scrawled in puffy-paint and sparkles glued all around. It may not be the most "tasteful" decoration ever, but that frame has traveled with me through multiple apartments and always gets a place of honor on my desk!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results