shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your favorite holiday gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely got some fun stuff this year... even though it was supposed to be a "light" Christmas due to our upcoming wedding!!
2.gif

From FI: 8gb Ipod (red color)

From FI's family: Burberry rainboots
From my family: a Southern Caribbean cruise! We leave on Saturday...
36.gif

ETA -- Oops, supposed to be a "favorite thing" thread, not an "everything" thread... edited to take some things out!!
31.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite gift was from my father - he bought me a pearl necklace and earings which I will wear on my wedding day!
5.gif
Since my FI and I are trying to save our money, we didn''t really go all out this year like we have in previous years, but the pearls from my father made everything A-OK!
2.gif

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Everything from my husband :). He got me three pieces of great jewelry.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Colorkitty, any pictures to share with us?
9.gif

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
my lululemon raincoat!

Can you believe that hubbie actually managed to get something cool, practical, and shaves off 10 pounds? Really. Who wouldn''t love it!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ceramic window boxes for my kitchen herbs. Very retro, sunny, and I finally have all my plants off of my counters! Bigger kitchen; yay!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm....

Coach wristlet from MIL
Lovely down jacket from DH
Cat''s Meow of the church we were married in and the B&B we stayed at on our wedding night from my parents

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Eva, no pics. It was a white gold locket, a very small platinum heart pendant, and a pink pearl bracelet I haven''t figured out how to put on yet. The locket has no chain though, lol. Hubby didn''t think it needed one. I hope I''m getting the chain for valentine''s day!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2006 12:13:41 PM
Author: diamondfan
My son says Actually too! It is so funny to hear that come out of the little man!
That''s funny because my daughter who is just under 3 has started saying actually a lot. I know she gets that from her dad.

SDL: What a great story!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My favorite gift wasn''t even a Christmas gift. It was a really sweet card that my husband left on my pillow Christmas eve - just a card talking about how happy he is to be married to me. He''s SUCH a sweetie.

My other favorite new thing: also not a gift. I bought a new pair of Bose earbuds for my Nano.....INCREDIBLE sound, and SO SO SO much more comfortable to wear. I''m in LOVE and have been listening to my Ipod with new appreciation!

Highly recommend these for the audiophiles in our midst.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My birthday is the week before Christmas so this year DH got me an LCD HDTV and a DVD player as a combo present.

I was really surprised as we were leaving for a trip and as I was rushing to pack, I walked by our TV and found another TV placed right in front of it! lol I had been thinking of getting my own TV for watching shows that DH/Kids don't like, like Alias and other chick shows, but planned to get a little one, not a HUGE LCD one, so this is quite the treat!
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. No gifts this year... everyone just gave us cash and gift cards and we didn't get each other anything. Oh wait! I go this incredible cat tree for the cats at Costco in NJ... and had it mailed out to CA as it wasn't available on the costco.com website or in N.Cal at all. Can't wait to set that sucker up and watch the cats play!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite gift this Christmas was a true gift from the heart from a little lady I know who is 95 years young. She is unable to hear at all, but we write each other all the time. She still has a mind sharp as a tack. Well, anyway, she wrote me a card telling me how special I was and how much I meant to her, as well as crocheting me a towel. Although I received many other gifts, including diamond studs, this was the most precious to me.
12.gif

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Hmm....DH bought me a Patek "Twenty-Four" watch (stanless steel with grey dial) and my parents surprised me with a very lovely white South Sea pearl strand - those two are my favorite ''tangible'' things. I am really loving the watch (unexpectedly - I''m not that big of a watch person) as I''ve never tried anything that''s so smooth and so weightless (having had a Rolex classic datejust and a large men''s Tank Francaise).

But I think the most precious to me this year was that I met someone who''s become one of my best friends, someone I feel absolutely blessed to know.

Happy 2007 everyone and may all your New Year''s wishes come true!

1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FAVORITE present was bought by my hubby from the Artist Emma Knight in Savannah, GA.
her website is http://www.swcp.com/~atomboy/ek/

My present is very similar to the one below.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Her paintings are beautiful!!!

Savannah pic.jpg

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in love with my new digital camera from my parents!

My other favorite gift this year was the laptop my boyfriend gave me. He wanted to get me one because it will help me SO MUCH with getting my master''s work done. I''m still in shock, but I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A MioZONE sports watch--measures heart rate and has all the other bells and whistles. Now I have to learn how to use it.......
34.gif

cheers--Sharon

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It was a gift-card and cash-heavy Christmas for us this year as we've got some house projects we're working on, so between us, FI and I got almost all we needed to add the new cabinets to our kitchen!!! We're thrilled! As for "things", it was supposed to be a light Christmas for us too because of my ring and his tv, but he surprised me with the entire Homicide box set, which I've been watching since we moved to Baltimore. Love it! He also gave me vibrating slippers for when he's "not around to rub my feet" and some very thoughtful stocking stuffers... a first from him!

Really, I think my favorite present though was when my 15 year old niece, whose parents are divorcing, sat down next to me and talked for two hours. She really opened up and it kind of blew my mind. It was a great gift. For both of us I think.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Usually, Christmas is the time we go out and buy things we want for ourselves (we''ve been married a long time and it''s just fun to go have a shopping spree). I got a new camera and hubby got some tools. I wasn''t expecting him to get me much, just little tokens, but he gave me a camera case and a bunch of scrap booking things. He surprised me with a cutting tool that cuts along a template. I had been saying I really like the die cut machines, but each die costs about $9-$15, and how many of each die are you really going to need??? I was really surprised and touched that he listened and found a creative solution! That was my favorite thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results