shape
carat
color
clarity

What veil length/type for my dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what length/style veil to get that will compliment my dress. Fingertip, ballet, cathedral...? Suggestions & opinions please! Thank you!

ohmeohmy.JPG

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Parrot-I think that you should try them on to be absolutely sure. You also want to make sure it looks good on YOU! I really wanted a mantilla veil because that is what is showed with my dress (it is the Pronovias Daifa). However, when I tried it on, it took away from the dress and I ended up with something more plain.

Beautiful dress by the way!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you open to the idea of a birdcage veil? I think that would look FAB with your dress!

Otherwise, I agree, try stuff on. I thought I knew what kind of veil I wanted, so I went and tried some on. Not only did I not like what I thought I would, I ended up not wanting a veil at all!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It used to be that the formality and time of day dictated the length of the veil, but these days anything goes. Go with what you feel comfortable in, and what looks best. You''ll have to try a few on.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 5:18:17 PM
Author: musey
Are you open to the idea of a birdcage veil? I think that would look FAB with your dress!

Otherwise, I agree, try stuff on. I thought I knew what kind of veil I wanted, so I went and tried some on. Not only did I not like what I thought I would, I ended up not wanting a veil at all!
I 2nd the birdcage.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
With a lace dress like that, I would actually lean away from having a veil at all (unless you have your heart set on one). I would do a pretty comb/headpiece or flowers in your hair rather than a veil.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this on a photographer's blog (don't know the bride, so I thought it was only fair to block out her face!)... just to give you an idea. The dress is really close to the same shape.

bridcagelowbackhalter.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 6:18:08 PM
Author: jstarfireb
With a lace dress like that, I would actually lean away from having a veil at all (unless you have your heart set on one). I would do a pretty comb/headpiece or flowers in your hair rather than a veil.
I actually thought about this too. I''m ordering an ivory feather flower from a seller on Etsy...perhaps I should leave it at that? I LOVE birdcage veils too. There''s something so romantic and timeless about them. I just don''t love them on me. Thanks for the suggestions ladies! Hopefully my dress arrives sooner rather than later so I can see if I''m a veil girl, or a hair girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results