shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of stone this is? How to tell real vs fake?

hepo6549

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I was given this bracelet as a gift and am wondering what type of stone this is. I have searched over the internet but still couldn't decide what type it is. Could it be carnelian? Or some type of agate?
Also, I am having a hard time telling if it is real stone or man-made stone (glass). I am ruling out plastic as it weights heavy, and when I touched it, I can feel the cold. How do I tell if it is real or fake without breaking it?
Here are some photos: (the first four I took it with natural light from the window; the 5th and 6th I took it with a white paper underneath; and the last two I took it with both natural and ceiling light)
Thanks,
Helen
IMG_3673.jpg IMG_3676.jpg IMG_3677.jpg IMG_3678.jpg IMG_3679.jpg IMG_3680.jpg IMG_3681.jpg IMG_3682.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on these photos, looks like peach moonstone to me ... very pretty.

For me, if I want to know if a stone is real, I send it to a reputable laboratory like GIA or AGL Gem Lab.

For something like your bracelet, you might check whether there is a local rock & mineral society in your geographic area ... but with the pandemic many such organizations are closed for the time being.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe they are Carnelians.

DK :))

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking again, they do look more like carnelian beads ... I had thought peach moonstone since some of the beads seems show adularescence

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think this is most likely Botswana Agate. The banding pattern on the some of the beads is very indicative of agate. Carnelian generally is more opaque and a bit darker. I have bought strands of Botswana agate and they can have a wide variety of colour and pattern. These are colour matched very well.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Pretty agate beads. (Carnelian is orange agate.) Enjoy your beautiful gift!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results