shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of shampoo do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I am constantly trying different types of shampoo. For a while (oh, like a week) I like one type then I wind up putting it in the back of the linen closet and buying a different brand. I know it drives my husband nuts, but if I could just find one type that I like, then maybe I won''t have to keep trying different kinds.
2.gif

So, what kind do you like? I''m looking for something not too expensive, and I have fine, naturally wavy brunette hair.

Thanks!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have the same type of hair -- mine is very thick -- but the two types I really like are Pantene and Dove. They make my hair very soft and silky. I also sometimes use VO5 leave in conditioner afterwards sometimes. The sun and other ''summer effects'' do nasty things to my hair sometimes!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jellybean!
35.gif

I have been using Pantene''s Hydrating Curls for about 5 years now! My hair is not super curly, but I definitely have the attributes of curly hair (kind of dry, kind of frizzy, etc.) This shampoo always makes my hair soft, manageable & shiny without weighing it down. I have A LOT of hair, but each of my strands are pretty fine. Even though this a curl shampoo, I also straighten my hair with a blow dryer at least twice a week....and my hair still comes out great!! Also, it''s really cheap, only $5 for the value size.

My other secret is Frederic Fekkai''s Glossing Cream. This is the BEST hair care product I have ever bought. It''s expensive ($25 for the big bottle), but absolutely, positively worth it.

Try going to www.makeupalley.com. People there review everything from shampoo to cuticle clippers. It''s a good site & the people are really honest about the pros & cons of products.

P.S. My hair is brunette too.

Good luck!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I have naturally curly hair that I straighten everyday or curl if it''s raining..and I use Thermasilk moisturizing or Pantene Mosturizing followed by a leave in conditioner to get the tangles out. Sometimes though, I do get build up and I''ll have to switch over to a clarifying shampoo. Usually use the same two brands.

They say it''s actually good to switch up your shampoos, toothpastes, deodarants..etc so that your body doesn''t build an immunity to them? I''ve heard this from several places and I do it all the time.

Don''t know if there''s any truth to it though!
3.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I switch my shampoo all the time.
Some of my favorites are Biolage Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioning Balm, Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo & Conditioner, Catwalk''s "Sexed Up" Sham. & Cond. (I swear that is the name), and good ole Dove. I received Victoria''s Secret Strawberries and Champaigne as a gift so I am using that right now. It smells really good (and BF loves it).

I have a head full long thick hair that I color, so moisture is the key for me. I condition everyday. Keeps the ends in tip top shape.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since mine is colored like all hell...I have a whole armory.

I alternate several shampoos and I only shampoo every other day. So in a week I use three different shampoos. Day 1 a color depositing goldwell shampoo I custom mix. followed with a mixture of color depositing conditioners. Day two, a moisturizing conditioner mixed with a little color depositing stuff. Day 3 Pantene for Red Hair, custom mixed with color depositing shampoo mixture and water to dilute. Followed by Pantene Red conditioner. Day 4, Pantene Red conditioner. Day 5, Bumble Creme De Coco shampoo and conditioner. Day 6, Bumble coco conditioner. Then the cycle starts over.

I also use about 4 different leave ins every time I wet/wash/condition.

I don''t use any styling stuff though, no hairspray or anything.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love Infusium23 Shampoo and Conditioner as well as the leave in treatment. I use a flat iron on my hair every day and it really keeps it from looking chewed up. The shampoo I use is a clarifying type so it keeps it really soft and shiny.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I agree that Pantene and Dove are excellent drug store brands. i use both but I alternate with salon brands. Sometimes, I use Paul Mitchell, others the Loreal salon line. I have fine hair that is highlighted.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My chronically colored hair requires the big guns--K Pac shampoo, daily conditioner, once a week treatment, and K pac styling creme. I used to use Goldwell products (the color used in my salon is Goldwell), but can''t find them over the counter anymore around here.

cheers--Sharon

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I recently bought Bed Head Self Absorbed Shampoo and conditioner and I really like it! It smells great (a requirement for any hair products I buy) and it really makes my hair shiny.
Now I love having choices, so I have several different products in my shower. I also think it helps keep build up to a minimum if you switch between shampoos & conditioners, so don''t worry about having alot of different shampoos. Just switch between them and it keeps you from getting "bored" or burnt out on them.
emwink.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa ame, that''s quite a list!
2.gif

I use John Freida''s Redhead shampoo with Redken''s Color Extend Conditioner. For a really good shine, I recommed Redken''s Vinyl Glam shine spray. Just spray it on dry hair before you go out, instant shine without any grease. I love it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
First, let me preface this...I DO NOT HAVE DANDRUFF LOL but I adore Head & Shoulders. I read about it in a magazine for people like me who, at the end of a day, can be as tad greasy, but with dry ends. It is DEVINE! My hair is so soft and shiny!
I have a closet of my free Bumble, but I never tough the stuff anymore.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 7:23:55 PM
Author: moremoremore
First, let me preface this...I DO NOT HAVE DANDRUFF LOL but I adore Head & Shoulders. I read about it in a magazine for people like me who, at the end of a day, can be as tad greasy, but with dry ends. It is DEVINE! My hair is so soft and shiny!
would you like me to clean out your closet for you?
20.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a list of hair products I use:

Favorite - Redken - All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner
* ARTec Kiwi Shampoo - for all hair types
* ARTec Color shampoos - love the blonde shades
* John Freida''s Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner
* John Freida''s Sheer Blonde Spun Gold Wax - Great styling product for a piecy look after drying
* John Freida''s Beach Blonde Ocean Waves - the most amazing styling product - I use this on my hair before drying
* John Freida''s Sheer Blonde Dream Cream - Makes hair silky soft after drying

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Libster, so what you''re saying is.....your''re a blonde?
9.gif

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
MMM:

I agree with you on the Head & Shoulders! I tried it once because it was all my BF had at his place, and boy was I surprised; now it''s in the shampoo rotation with Pantene clarifying and Aveda rosemary-mint (which I really only use because it smells divine
41.gif
) The H&S makes my hair was super soft and shiny all day...even in this humidity, it doesn''t get all frazzly.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have some thoughts as a prodcut junkie, from the cheapest to the priciest...here are some thoughts

1. I only shampoo every other day or so. My hair is very dry and unless I sweat or it is humid, I avoid it. My color is better for it. I have naturally very thick and curly hair, since kids it is worse, and I highlight back to my "natural" dirty blonde from childhood. (also thanks to kids my hair is mousy now). It frizzes in humidity and now since I sweat at night (lovely) it does not hold a style well when straightened. I do get blow drys when I am going out, it kills my arm to blow dry myself and I have so much hair it takes FOREVER and never looks that great in back.

2. Some advice for technique: Shampooing with dry hair...use not too much product, emulsify in hands to thin, apply on scalp and new growth only. Do not pile hair on top of head. As you rinse, shampoo will run down to the ends and clean them enough, if they are dry you do not want to add lathering stuff and smush them around or you get split ends.

3. Condition by putting it not directly on scalp, it can weigh hair down and even a bit of natural scalp oil will help.

4. Someone recommended sleeping on a silk pillowcase, eliminates snags and evaporates sweat so you do not ruin your blowdys.

5. OUIDAD is a hair care line for very curly hair and has all types of shampoos and stylers. Not cheap, but you use less and it works for those curly days...she is the first one who really did a line just for curls.

Hope this helps, I am addicted to hair stuff (and make up and bath stuff)...I am a total girly girl and my stuff overruns our cabinets, shower shelves and tub edge...

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 10:58:58 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have some thoughts as a prodcut junkie, from the cheapest to the priciest...here are some thoughts

1. I only shampoo every other day or so. My hair is very dry and unless I sweat or it is humid, I avoid it. My color is better for it. I have naturally very thick and curly hair, since kids it is worse, and I highlight back to my ''natural'' dirty blonde from childhood. (also thanks to kids my hair is mousy now). It frizzes in humidity and now since I sweat at night (lovely) it does not hold a style well when straightened. I do get blow drys when I am going out, it kills my arm to blow dry myself and I have so much hair it takes FOREVER and never looks that great in back.

2. Some advice for technique: Shampooing with dry hair...use not too much product, emulsify in hands to thin, apply on scalp and new growth only. Do not pile hair on top of head. As you rinse, shampoo will run down to the ends and clean them enough, if they are dry you do not want to add lathering stuff and smush them around or you get split ends.

3. Condition by putting it not directly on scalp, it can weigh hair down and even a bit of natural scalp oil will help.

4. Someone recommended sleeping on a silk pillowcase, eliminates snags and evaporates sweat so you do not ruin your blowdys.

5. OUIDAD is a hair care line for very curly hair and has all types of shampoos and stylers. Not cheap, but you use less and it works for those curly days...she is the first one who really did a line just for curls.

Hope this helps, I am addicted to hair stuff (and make up and bath stuff)...I am a total girly girl and my stuff overruns our cabinets, shower shelves and tub edge...
Make sure that you get regular trims.

The best way to get the back of your hair to look good when you straighten it is to use a BIG Round brush with the ''metal'' part in the bristles. Don''t try to straighten from the beginning!! Just towel dry it till it is ''almost'' dry and hen blow it straight.

I love dove and Pantene.. sometimes I use Pert.. but it is hell on my color!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, send some extras to me. . .I''ll pay shipping!!!!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 8:27:18 PM
Author: IrishEyes
Hey Libster, so what you''re saying is.....your''re a blonde?
9.gif
LOL
Actually premature gray...forced to go platinum blonde!! I''d give anything to have my natural "light brown" back
7.gif

I too have curly hair and have found that Aveda''s paddle brush is the ticket for drying it straight. I tried the round brushes and never had any luck, but swear by this brush and it''s only $15.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem! Do u get the 2 in 1 conditioner or shampoo and condt seperately?
I''m going to have to try it!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Websailor and I use Pantene (shampoo and conditioner in one) and buy it at Costco or Sams Club.
What can I say, we''re cheap when it comes to some stuff.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with you on the H&S... i love it! Its the one constant in my hair care line.

Most recently i have been using various Pantenes that will add volume and fullness. I have REALLY thin, long hair. I go back and forth on getting the matching Pantene conditioner and cheaper ones like Suave and Dove. I just bought the Dove and i cant get over how much i love it! Think it may be the next shampoo i try out! Ive also used the John Frieda for Brunettes, but i couldnt tell much differece, so i dont think i will buy that again. But i do use his anti-frizz spray which i think helps.

ETA: Im glad to see im not the only nutso that uses 20 different things!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Systeme Biolage and Matrix (for colored hair)shampoo. Every few days I will use good old Johnson''s Baby shampoo in Lavender to give my hair a change.
I have very thin fine hair.
For conditioner, I find that most make my hair too soft, but I do like pantene. I try not to condition my hair when I know I am going to blow it out, otherwise my hair gets too wavy and soft to hold the style.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I use so soft by redken. And when I use the cat spray if I have been blowdrying it on a regular basis. I like the Redken line and now that it is avaiable in some wal-mart, Targets and Brunos well who can resits Redken at the same prices as Tresseme? (Last time I bought some two 22ozs for.....18$) Sounds like a lot[$$)] but that was in Dec and I am still on the same bottles. I have short to medium length blond hair that is VERY FINE...(see pearl earring picture). I like this line becuase it leaves my hair soft and smooth to the touch without giving me that yuckiness that looks like dirty hair, or roots....but four brown hair I am not as sure. I would ask whomever does your hair, they will likely give you one salon and one wally world line to try. Also if you have hair that tends towards dry avoid products with alchol in them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Opps....I looked at the bottles and they are 33.8ozs...and odd number. Anyway I hope you find a shampoo you like soon.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Hey thanks for the responses!

I have been using Pantene Clarifying shampoo lately and I do like that one. I''ve tried the hydrating curls line and that seems to be OK for a while but then it makes my hair greasy. I have to shampoo almost every day b/c I have been working out quite a bit lately (but have only lost 2 lbs according to the scale!
38.gif
)

Dove Shampoo doesn''t agree with my hair. It seemed to weigh it down despite what it says on the label. I do have to use conditioner otherwise I couldn''t even get a comb through my hair.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you want to ditch the conditioner try anti snap...it comes in a blue tottle and is made by Redken about 10 for a two month supply. Towel dry your hair and then get most of the moisture out squeeze a dime size amount in and it is just like you conditioned but no yuckiness.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
matatora- anti-snap? sounds interesting... i may have to check that out! and i do like redken anyway, though it can get pricey!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
They have started selling their stuff at Target and Wal-Mart. I have been using the cupons I get in my email to buy them there instead takes the price of anti snap for 15 to 6$. Still expensive but way easier to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results