shape
carat
color
clarity

What to wear with diamond studs in ear with 2 piercings

zinninge

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of 1.5 tcw studs that I love to wear with a .25 diamond stud in the second hole in one of my ears (the other ear only has one hole--I like the asymmetry). However, it seems like a little much to wear to work, especially because I Metro to downtown DC and don't want to draw attention to myself.

Should I just not wear them? Or does anyone have a suggestion for what to wear in the second hole to dress them down a little?

Thanks!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heh, I literally just this second started a thread on multiple piercings in SMTB.

Me, I wear teeny-tiny studs with minuscule diamonds in my second and third holes - alternately, I feel like small hoops are very discreet.

That said, if what you're looking for is discretion, I don't think it's the second hole that's the issue - I feel like most people looking at your ears are going to be admiring your pretty, blingy studs, not tsk-tsking the tiny diamond beside them!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, it's the first hole calling attention, not the second. Wear a plain hoop in the first with a diamond in the second for work if it's too blingy and save the studs for home.

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
A lot of people off the street don't even notice your jewellery, or if it's real diamonds, and quite often the sort of people who would and who would care aren't the sort to try to steal them from you! If you're properly insured I wouldn't worry. There are so many other signs (ie clothes, bags etc) that you might wear that could make you a target so if you're going to nitpick your jewellery are you going to nitpick everything else too? If I were you I would just wear the earrings, unless it's really making you feel uncomfortable.

And yeah I agree with everyone else if you are concerned about them I doubt that changing the earring in the second hole would help. You would have to forego wearing the earrings altogether unfortunately...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results