shape
carat
color
clarity

What to wear with an unusual dress?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
for those of you who've seen my Oscar de la Renta dress post, you'll see that it's not a typical wedding dress.

I'm having the hardest time picking shoes, jewelry, and whether I should wear my hair up or down. Decisions decisions.....

Colors of wedding are neutral gray and peach, with accents of plum, gold, and silver.

It's a city wedding.

And, I've been torn between a pair of purple shoes, cream ivory shoes, and black shoes.

Purple: suede miu mius with interesting abstract bow at the the top of the toe area
Cream: badgley mischka "lacie" with a bling brooch at top of toe area
Black: badgleys again, but in black

Q: are black shoes bad luck?
And... Any other shoe recommendations?
Which would you pick?

Sorry no links cuz I'm on an iPad!

Help?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I really have to see the shoes and dress to decide!

You can still cut and paste a link on iPad.

Here I just did one below:

http://www.miumiu.com/

I'm wearing the gold glitter miu miu pumps with my traditional sari :sun:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Pannini good to see you around! I remember you from a while ago--I think we studied similar subjects? Regardless, good to see you! :wavey:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock

pannini

Shiny_Rock
thanks mrswahs,

i'm excited for the badgleys..... but i think the black badgleys are more useful for future wear.... but is it true that black shoes are bad luck?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
hi IndyLady!

i think we studied the same thing... was it Org Behavior? i've been MIA due to all the heavy studying, job hunting, and wedding planning all rolled up into one huge ball. now that i have a job, i finished my MA degree, and moved into a new home, i am finally (barely) ready to start plan for the big wedding.

=)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Frankly, I would wear the same veil and necklace they put on you in the store, if you can afford it (I remember the necklace was also ODLR, so perhaps it's too pricey, in which case I would look for a statement piece as similar as possible).

Then, very little jewelry on the rest of your body.

I would go with the Badgley Mischka shoes in cream. With so much "look" (in a good way), there's no need to do colored shoes. Plus, I don't like the sturdy heel for a wedding shoes, practical as it may be.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
mscushion|1308908631|2953856 said:
Frankly, I would wear the same veil and necklace they put on you in the store, if you can afford it (I remember the necklace was also ODLR, so perhaps it's too pricey, in which case I would look for a statement piece as similar as possible).

Then, very little jewelry on the rest of your body.

I would go with the Badgley Mischka shoes in cream. With so much "look" (in a good way), there's no need to do colored shoes. Plus, I don't like the sturdy heel for a wedding shoes, practical as it may be.

I agree with mscushion on all counts!

pannini

Shiny_Rock
thank you! you're right... the dress has such a "look" to it, adding something like purple shoes might fight the look of the dress.

returning those damn miu mius stat. they were way outta my budget anyway, but i thought they were a good tie in with the color palette of the wedding. only because i see wedding blogs showing girls pulling up the skirt of their gown and lovely pops of colorful shoes peeking out.

sigh.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
pannini|1308938456|2954146 said:
thank you! you're right... the dress has such a "look" to it, adding something like purple shoes might fight the look of the dress.

returning those damn miu mius stat. they were way outta my budget anyway, but i thought they were a good tie in with the color palette of the wedding. only because i see wedding blogs showing girls pulling up the skirt of their gown and lovely pops of colorful shoes peeking out.

sigh.
Don't you worry, you'll have enough style for three blog posts with that dress. :love:

pannini

Shiny_Rock
:appl: thanks you mscushion! Flattered.

Btw I'm now vacillating between a pair of blush suede pumps and the black badgleys linked earlier above.... Now which one?!

Black satin w bling, blush suede with abstract bow, or ivory satin?!?!?! :confused:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I really don't see suede with your dress, sorry :(

The black Badgleys are very nice. But I'd still stick with the cream. That's just me, though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results