shape
carat
color
clarity

What to put in this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I won the following setting for an amazing price. Now, I have no idea what to put in it.

The setting takes two oval stones that are 4 x 6. I don''t have any stones that size so I have an excuse to shop more. Any suggestions for what to set in it? What colors? Should I change it to fit rounds?

TwoStoneSettingeBay.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first thing to do is decide what are your favourite colours. White metals can take almost all colours - I would choose something in the cool shades too but not overly dark. Blues, cool reds, cool pinks, lavender, greens, even orange! You can be completely different and pick 2 different coloured stones so you won't have to look for matched pairs!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of reminds me of a toi et moi design, so maybe 2 birthstones?
I might just go with your favorite color, or a color you don''t have yet.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go with two different colors of the same material, like two sapphires, two garnets, two tourmalines... That way, there''s no risk of one stone being far more brilliant than the other.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I personally would find two tanzanites, but I''m biased. What''s your favvvv?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 3:22:17 AM
Author:CharmyPoo
I won the following setting for an amazing price. Now, I have no idea what to put in it.

The setting takes two oval stones that are 4 x 6. I don''t have any stones that size so I have an excuse to shop more. Any suggestions for what to set in it? What colors? Should I change it to fit rounds?
I''ve seen similar setting,, and I''ve seen like trillant cut stones which looked soooooo cool... almost bought one myself...but if you can change to round (would you like that better? )... . but its personal preference
1.gif
I prefer round to ovals.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I won the setting for $20 and it comes with G/VS stones. Upgrade will be $40 and changing the stone size will be $50 and resizing will be $15 (I fall out of the normal $10 resize fee). Do you think it is worth it to do? I am almost thinking of keeping it as a cheap setting.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah.. what a deal.. what is the upgrade for? metal? hmm, tough call, is this a setting you're in l
30.gif
with? if it is, would the changes ie: head change to round make you more in
30.gif
with it? or would you be ok, with just leaving as is and getting the stone shape for the ring? it wouldn't hurt to have rings with different shaped stones... all the more reason to get more blings too later
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The cost is to upgrade the diamonds - there is probably an additional cost for changing the metal to rose gold of yellow gold. I think I will keep the white gold.

Still can''t pick my colors. What looks good together?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
keep the diamonds as is.. just put your $ towards your stone
1.gif
as for colors? what colors do you like? I think green and blue would look kinda cool?
ETA: how bout a gem that has multicolor?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
something like this ametrine but oval? not sure of where to find them... I''m so newbie to gems...

ametrinemulticolor1.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How about;

- orange and light green in yellow gold
- violet and lilac in rose gold
- pink and turquoise in white gold

Are you more into combos where colors almost blend, or something more vibrant, eye catching and louder?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let''s see...
hot pink and light blue
pale orange and light blue
green and orange
lavender and ...I''m not sure about this combo.
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results