shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with this pin?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it, diamond and rubies. But I don't wear pins. I wonder if it could be used as a horizontal bail for a spinel? Or maybe use it as a vertical bail supporting a spinel suspended from pearls? White pearls? 20171207_123236.jpg What do people think?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F67AB11-A0E6-45C9-A6BE-B360651DA582.jpeg

It is pretty and unique. Do you have an inspiration pic for what you are describing? I think getting the proportions right would be important for what you are describing. What are the dimensions of the pin?
What about something like the pic above? You could do it with a strand of pearls instead of a chain, too.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pins unfortunately are very out of fashion. Good buying opportunities though. I have set a small round brooch onto what was a gold watch band. Repurposing two pieces of Jewelry. So depending of the size of the pin, F903B68D-780F-46C8-ABFB-C555AC9C1921.jpeg a bracelet might be an option. Converting to a pendant you can do lengthways or as a “drop” shape. Again, with a lengthways pin, you can put it on a gold chain, pearls or even your choice of gemstone bead necklace. Your pin I think would look fabulous a ruby bead necklace.

Last edited:

collier

Shiny_Rock
That is a stunning pin!! :love::love::love::love:

The simplest way to wear it would be as a necklace/pendant. It could be turned into a bracelet. However, you may want to really think about if you want to permanently change it. I do think women tend to wear more pins as they get older. Personally I would wear it as a hair ornament, like a barrette.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful piece! The detail is lovely ::) I love the idea of a hair ornament as @collier suggested, the proportionals would work very nicely :love:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... suspending a larger pearl drop from a pearl longchain.

The again, I'd pin it in a pendant position too - there are always a few times & places for very formal fun ,-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results