shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with princess cut melee?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I have about 30 princess cut stones from a mangled channel set eternity band. It was a 2ctw., size 7. Is there anything else I can do with the stones other than make a new channel set band or use them as sidestones? The only thing I can really think of are channel set earrings. I''m not very creative today. . .
14.gif

Maybe a bangle with the diamonds on the top part only?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I like the bangle idea! Why, if I may ask, do you not want them put into an eternity band?

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 5:16:17 PM
Author: EHR2009
I like the bangle idea! Why, if I may ask, do you not want them put into an eternity band?
thanks, EHR! I was trying to see if there is any other way I can use the stones because they used to be in a channel-set eternity ring, and I wanted something new to me. I could wear it on different fingers (thumb - 3rd) because of the larger size, but now that one of the stones is chipped, I'd have to get an entirely new ring made, in a smaller size, which means it would probably fit only my ring finger. Sadly my wedding band doesn't match very well with the channel-set band, so here I am looking for ideas!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 5:01:45 PM
Author:onvacation
I have about 30 princess cut stones from a mangled channel set eternity band. It was a 2ctw., size 7. Is there anything else I can do with the stones other than make a new channel set band or use them as sidestones? The only thing I can really think of are channel set earrings. I''m not very creative today. . .
14.gif

Maybe a bangle with the diamonds on the top part only?
Yikes! What happened to my font size??? I usually set it to 2?
39.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
You could also make 2 half-eternities and stack them on either side of your wedding band when you want something different. Or get some princess cut sapphires or another gemstone that are the same size, and make 2 eternities with alternating diamond/gemstone. Sorry, I know these are both ring ideas, which you specifically said you didn''t want :) I couldn''t resist. I am really stuck on stacking bands at the moment :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Onvacation! How are you??
35.gif

I don''t know your taste very well at all, but I was thinking about something like a wide scattered diamond band/RHR? That would be fun. Or, you could do an eternity band using the pc''s and have them bezel-set plus kite-set so the corners of each setting are connected, kwim?

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:13:39 PM
Author: monarch64
35.gif

I don't know your taste very well at all, but I was thinking about something like a wide scattered diamond band/RHR? That would be fun. Or, you could do an eternity band using the pc's and have them bezel-set plus kite-set so the corners of each setting are connected, kwim?
Hiya! Good to see you!
5.gif
I'm doing great - I'm literally on vacation, and seriously, nothing's better than that! I feel like I can actually have a life for these few short weeks. I just found out about the Feb. GTG in Chicago and I'm sooo stoked! Cannot believe I only now saw Haven's thread. Maybe I'm using PS the wrong way? I seem to miss a bunch of threads and replies.. I did visit your thread in Who's who a few days ago, and it was nice to see how you're still going strong with Mr. Perfect! How lucky r u?! I'm glad you seem to be in this happy and stable stage in life, and wish you all the best for the new year.

Great idea regarding the stones! The scattered band would be a very different look. I always did wish for a funky band like that. I was trying to see if it would be more economical for me to re-use the stones, or sell them off and start from scratch. I like the bangle idea, too, but considering how WF's bangles are so reasonably priced, it would probably cost me more to get the bangle made on my own than to just buy one already made, what with the gold prices and all?

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:01:09 PM
You could also make 2 half-eternities and stack them on either side of your wedding band when you want something different. Or get some princess cut sapphires or another gemstone that are the same size, and make 2 eternities with alternating diamond/gemstone. Sorry, I know these are both ring ideas, which you specifically said you didn''t want :) I couldn''t resist. I am really stuck on stacking bands at the moment :)
That was my first idea too! My mom''s been itching for a set of half-eternities, so giving them to her for that project was going to be my last resort. I didn''t even think of adding in colored stones! What do you think of kite-setting the stones, like monarch suggested, then adding in itsy-bitsy round pops of color in between? would that make them hard to stack? I do love the look of stacking bands, but don''t have much finger real estate, so it makes it kinda hard for me to pull it off. What kind of bands are you looking into?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 6:35:23 PM
Author: onvacation
Date: 1/6/2010 6:01:09 PM

That was my first idea too! My mom''s been itching for a set of half-eternities, so giving them to her for that project was going to be my last resort. I didn''t even think of adding in colored stones! What do you think of kite-setting the stones, like monarch suggested, then adding in itsy-bitsy round pops of color in between? would that make them hard to stack? I do love the look of stacking bands, but don''t have much finger real estate, so it makes it kinda hard for me to pull it off. What kind of bands are you looking into?

OOOOO!!!! How about something like this!
http://www.idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=508
These are 2 princess cuts side-by-side in a bezel, alternating with a round.

Check out the rest of id jewelry''s bands. They also have some of the kite-set bezels that you mentioned! Yuketiel (sp?) from ID Jewelry is great to work with, and has made bands for lots of PSers. I bet he would work with you to make something and a very reasonable price!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 6:30:09 PM
Author: onvacation

Date: 1/6/2010 6:13:39 PM
Author: monarch64
35.gif

I don''t know your taste very well at all, but I was thinking about something like a wide scattered diamond band/RHR? That would be fun. Or, you could do an eternity band using the pc''s and have them bezel-set plus kite-set so the corners of each setting are connected, kwim?
Hiya! Good to see you!
5.gif
I''m doing great - I''m literally on vacation, and seriously, nothing''s better than that! I feel like I can actually have a life for these few short weeks. I just found out about the Feb. GTG in Chicago and I''m sooo stoked! Cannot believe I only now saw Haven''s thread. Maybe I''m using PS the wrong way? I seem to miss a bunch of threads and replies.. I did visit your thread in Who''s who a few days ago, and it was nice to see how you''re still going strong with Mr. Perfect! How lucky r u?! I''m glad you seem to be in this happy and stable stage in life, and wish you all the best for the new year.

Great idea regarding the stones! The scattered band would be a very different look. I always did wish for a funky band like that. I was trying to see if it would be more economical for me to re-use the stones, or sell them off and start from scratch. I like the bangle idea, too, but considering how WF''s bangles are so reasonably priced, it would probably cost me more to get the bangle made on my own than to just buy one already made, what with the gold prices and all?
I''m so excited that you''ll be coming to the Chicago GTG! That is just great! Enjoy your vacation, and thank you for the kind words.

I don''t know about the bangle...you are probably right about it possibly costing more to have it made than to just buy one from WF. I like the idea below you have about alternating round stones with the princesses, Tiffany''s makes a band like that (forget what it''s called).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they big enough to make a DBTY necklace? The bracelet and scattered diamond ring sound like great options.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How about some cluster style earrings, larger than these and with princesses instead of rounds, some stones set at an angle (some not), maybe with two clusters on each earring, one dangling from the other...

ED00037Y.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Or how about a necklace similar to this

i238.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Another interesting necklace

c-mjk102408-1.jpg

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I would love to see a kite set DBTY.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think kite set DBTY would be pretty cool!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2010 6:48:24 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I think kite set DBTY would be pretty cool!
That WOULD be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results