shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my wedding band?? Neither of us like it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies!

I recently got engaged and was so lucky to have my FI buy the wedding band with the e-ring. After seeing it for the first time a few weeks ago we both were less than thrilled to see them together! It is a very beautiful ring but it just doesn''t do anything for either of us. It doesn''t excite me like I think a wedding band should. I haven''t talked to the jeweler who sold us the ring yet but I was wanting to get y''alls opinions first before I talk to them. They seem to be really long winded and not as truthful as a jeweler should be.

So the ring is a 2mm WG eternity band. It is channel set with some beautiful milgrain. There is no detailing on the sides. It is .54 carats and i''m not positive on the color but I think I remember seeing F-G color on the papers. I don''t have them with me right now so once I know i''ll be giving more stats. I really do like the ring but it just doesn''t look right with my EC solitaire. I also thought that the jeweler said it was new and when we took it out it looked like it had been previously owned as there were a few minor scuffs. I only saw them when I looked really close.

Now on to my questions. What exactly do you think I should do with it. We would really like to sell it back and get some money to put towards a different ring. We aren''t crazy about selling the gold and keeping the diamonds. Where do you think we would get the most money for it? Is ebay a good choice? Let me know what y''all think!

Thanks a bunch!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a return period? if so can you not just return it? if you are stuck with it, then there are different places to sell.

Ebay, Craiglist (be weary of scammers) if you are not well verse in these arenas, I would be concern and be extra cautious on your transactions
Diamondbistro - people are independent here, not really governed or policed per se, so you are also on your own
Pearlmans - you can put it on consignment.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take it back to your jeweler. Tell him what you told us. It''s not what you want, have him take it back and put it towards a wedding band you love...If he is worth his salt he will work this out with you...
2.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2009 11:23:43 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Take it back to your jeweler. Tell him what you told us. It''s not what you want, have him take it back and put it towards a wedding band you love...If he is worth his salt he will work this out with you...
2.gif

ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results