shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my original wedding band?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My original wedding band is a half eternity band with 8 point stones in a common prong setting, about .80cttw. Ever since we bought it I have not been happy with it. Originally the prongs were really big and it had a high stance, but the jeweler did fix it and now it is much better, very low stance (only 2mm). In many ways it is gorgeous, and it sparkles and is white and all the things you want a diamond ring to be 8) The diamonds are well cut, not up to par with BGD melee, but decent quality.

The thing is, I *never* wear it. First, the diamonds were too large and overpowered my diamond solitaire. Then I got my BGD Dream band which is just better made and so I opted to wear it when I wore my solitaire. I sized my wedding band larger so I could wear it on my right hand, but I don't like wearing rings on that hand on the ring finger, only the middle, and I cannot size it that much without remaking it. I did wear it in both my pregnancies when my fingers were big, but my baby-makin' days are over and now the ring once again sits in my ring box.

So what should I do with it??? I do not like it sitting in my jewelry box *at all*. It bugs me seeing it sitting there unworn. I am not a collector ;)) I can reset the diamonds into a new setting, sell it, use the diamond in earrings, keep it and just let it keep my jewelry box warm.

What would you do?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
If you are not emotionally attached to it, I would sell it and do another project, jewellery or otherwise, with the proceeds.

No point in it sitting in the box unloved when someone else could give it whirl daily!!! :bigsmile:
:wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DBTY like my Odds and Ends?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd either reset it into some kind of DBTY necklace OR sell it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't wear necklaces ever, so don't want to do that.

Those earrings are awesome Gyspsy, but I am such a cut snob I don't know if I want to spend money to reset these diamonds! They are nice stones, on the better side of commercial grade, but they are not of the same quality as BGD melee and WF melee, for example. I am spoiled.

I do think of setting them in huggies but would only want to do it if the settings were stock and inexpensive.

Hmmmm... hubby thinks I should sell it. I probably would not miss it once it was gone. I just sort of feel like I *should* keep it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kept my wedding set for a few years after I had my spinel ring made b/c I thought that's what I should do too..maybe London would've liked to have it when she got older. It was the set we were married with. I sent the entire set (not that it was worth much to begin with) to Jonathan when I sold the gold I had and I don't regret it. If London is going to want something, she's going to want the set I'm working on making *now*, and what I sold wasn't great quality-something I figured out after coming here! The original rings are gone, but the guy is still here..he's not going anywhere. He's good quality.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sell! You can fund a new project but sounds like you are pretty much good-to-go.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first thought was huggie earrings, but if you're not emotionally attached to it, maybe you should sell it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love true huggie earrings, the small kind that hinge shut and you can wear them 24/7 if you want. They are the only kind of earrings I truly love. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I'd sell.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra|1317665646|3032155 said:
I love true huggie earrings, the small kind that hinge shut and you can wear them 24/7 if you want. They are the only kind of earrings I truly love. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I'd sell.

This is what I was thinking. I wear a pair of wg hoops like you describe and I wear them 24/7. I just wonder *if* I were to get earrings like that I would want them to be better quality diamonds :(sad

These are the style I would want, and these actually have the same size diamonds too. I would need two more stones: http://idjewelryonline.com/popup_image.php?pID=9783

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update this thread to let people know I opted to sell this ring, and sold it this week to another PSer. May she wear it and enjoy it :)) I am going to use the proceeds to purchase some bands I need to fill some gaps in my newly reduced "collection"!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW - what's the status of your original sapphire er these days???

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1318432212|3038544 said:
BTW - what's the status of your original sapphire er these days???

I own it and will never part with it! It is back it its original setting and I wear it on my right middle finger when I feel fancy.

DDsapphireering1.jpg

DDsapphireering6z.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I love it! I'd get that puppy out a lot more now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results