shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my old diamond?

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I’m upgrading the diamond in my engagement ring & I would like to repurpose the original one. It’s just under 0.33ct. Any idea? The obvious one is a solitaire pendant but I think I’d like to do something a bit different (but still timeless).
8A0CFB3A-2696-4AD9-93D3-075844F323D8.jpeg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Earrings? You could get a second. 5 stone band - graduated or not. Right hand ring?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buy 2 coloured gemstones and make a right hand ring
If your sentimental a good idea if you have more than one child (to inherit your ER)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m upgrading the diamond in my engagement ring & I would like to repurpose the original one. It’s just under 0.33ct. Any idea? The obvious one is a solitaire pendant but I think I’d like to do something a bit different (but still timeless).
8A0CFB3A-2696-4AD9-93D3-075844F323D8.jpeg

You know i also like your old setting
While your at it you could buy a coloured gemstone for it too
Have some fun
it doesn't have to be exspensive
What's your birthstone ?
Or your hubby's birthstone ?
Your kiddo's birth stone ?

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I love setting. We are pretty much replicating it exactly just with 6 claws & a bigger centre stone!

My boys are June & August - I’ll have a look at what their birth stones are

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love setting. We are pretty much replicating it exactly just with 6 claws & a bigger centre stone!

My boys are June & August - I’ll have a look at what their birth stones are

Ohhhh you have to repurpose the old setting then =)2

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
How about a 3 stone necklace? Your diamond and then the kids birthstones in a line? Just a thought!
The traditional stones are onyx (which I love!!) & Pearl. But I’m not sure they all go together

Or a bangle ?
Do you wear bangles ?

I wear a thin Cartier love & single DBTY 24/7. I like the bangle idea!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The traditional stones are onyx (which I love!!) & Pearl. But I’m not sure they all go together

I wear a thin Cartier love & single DBTY 24/7. I like the bangle idea!

You could pair the diamond with some onyx for the braclete and put a pearl in the old ring
I have no idea bow these things work but im sure a jewler could make it possible 12916518_15054740_600.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy 2 coloured gemstones and make a right hand ring
If your sentimental a good idea if you have more than one child (to inherit your ER)

That's what I was going to suggest too!

How about a CS halo ring as a RHR? ivy and Rose has some very nice CS halo settings in their Etsy shop.

How about a bracelet or a bangle? I would advise against a single station DBTY bracelet as I am 99.99% certain it will twist.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a few more diamonds to make it into a DBTY bracelet?

DK :))

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Although necklace isn’t top of list I could see this in a heavy bezelled pendant or double pronged pendant for something classic but a little different.

Both my other suggestions would mean adding a diamond/CS to the mix but I think these would be beautiful:

Etsy vendor photo I have in my “loves” list immediately came to mind:
3D24E9B5-3A67-43A4-8B60-747F83D32649.jpeg

And this bracelet from JbG that could have diamonds or CS for family birthstones (or even alternating diamond and pearls might be pretty too)
DC82D1EC-AE55-4071-A521-6A00A23578C6.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamond onyx and pearl.PNG
I had to google to see what it could look like lol

onyx and diamond.PNG
On the topic of onyx, I love this style!

Both very striking
im particularly taken with that ring

but the diamond inlaid into the onyx could most definatly fit @Happytobemrsg 's brief if she likes it
But im thinking with two kiddos you couldn't feature one without doing something for the other

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Both very striking
im particularly taken with that ring

but the diamond inlaid into the onyx could most definatly fit @Happytobemrsg 's brief if she likes it
But im thinking with two kiddos you couldn't feature one without doing something for the other

I think though, maybe a jeweller could add pearl seeds around the edges?

pearlseed.PNG

pearlseed1.PNG

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
Although necklace isn’t top of list I could see this in a heavy bezelled pendant or double pronged pendant for something classic but a little different.

Both my other suggestions would mean adding a diamond/CS to the mix but I think these would be beautiful:

Etsy vendor photo I have in my “loves” list immediately came to mind:
3D24E9B5-3A67-43A4-8B60-747F83D32649.jpeg

And this bracelet from JbG that could have diamonds or CS for family birthstones (or even alternating diamond and pearls might be pretty too)
DC82D1EC-AE55-4071-A521-6A00A23578C6.jpeg

I love the bracelet! Beautiful.

I wish I was a broach person because this is lovely

77C9AC13-0C4F-49C1-925A-6683D9029CAE.jpeg

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
What about a bypass bangle with just one diamond? It would certainly show it off nicely and give it a special way to enjoy it. Here's photo of one with additional melee, but I think plain gold would be stunning and emphasize your special diamond. Quote_bypass bangle.jpg

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
So, you’re buying a new diamond and a new setting? Why not keep the ring as is and wear it either as a RHR, a travel ring or when you want a change or to give to your kids. I’m upgrading now but I decided to keep my original set (I had the diamond recut because it wasn’t a good cut). I’m really happy that I kept my old set. I wear it sometimes. I’m sentimental and I also like the idea that my original set is intact as it was when I got married 20 years ago. Just a different perspective.......

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, you’re buying a new diamond and a new setting? Why not keep the ring as is and wear it either as a RHR, a travel ring or when you want a change or to give to your kids. I’m upgrading now but I decided to keep my original set (I had the diamond recut because it wasn’t a good cut). I’m really happy that I kept my old set. I wear it sometimes. I’m sentimental and I also like the idea that my original set is intact as it was when I got married 20 years ago. Just a different perspective.......

puppylove.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't read all the replies, so please ignore if someone has already mentioned this...but do you have diamond stud earrings yet? I'd get a match and make a pair if you don't already have any since you do already have a pendant.

I wouldn't attempt to use your kids' birthstones in this project. Just curious, what month is the onyx? I am looking at a US chart of birthstones from 1913 and current and onyx is not on the old or new list (unless maybe you are looking at a different country?).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results