shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my new Yvonne Raley Ring??

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to snag this pre-loved Yvonne Raley Ring from Ilovegemstones - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/mahenge-spinel-mandarin-garnet-sunflower-ring-by-yvonne-rale-t222121.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/mahenge-spinel-mandarin-garnet-sunflower-ring-by-yvonne-rale-t222121.html..[/URL]. Super excited since I have been wanting a Mahenge Spinel and I love cab pieces.

Mandarin Garnet would not have been my first choice for an accent. Not because it isn't beautiful, just orange really isn't my fav color. I have also been wanting something with Paraiba in it, but a big stone really isn't in the budget. I know Yvonne has some nice melee in Paraiba so I thought I'd reach out to see if she thought replacing the garnets with paraiba would look good and check prices.

She does have some that would work, but to pay for the gems and get them set, it would end up costing me more than the ring cost. I guess I'm just wondering if you guys think it would be worth it/if it would look good in rose gold, etc? Part of me thinks maybe I should just get it sent directly to her and she can work her magic. But part of me thinks maybe I should just get the ring in hand and wear it for awhile. Maybe the orange will grow on me!

I also thought emeralds would be pretty accent stones and it is one of my kiddos birthstones. But she doesn't have any in that size.

Would love your input!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and great buy!

When I saw it posted, I was tempted to grab it myself with the thought of replacing the outer stones for the same reason (but reminded myself that rose gold isn't great for me either).

Unless you are overseas, there is little to lose by having it shipped to you first...you might love it as is...Yvonne has a great eye for color combinations and often I find myself loving colors I didn't think worked for me.

I think Paraiba's would be a great option and look great in rose gold. I also love the idea of emeralds. I was thinking hauynites myself (third reason I didn't inquire...I have three rings from Yvonne with hauynites in the petals, lol).

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I would wear it first and see if I still want to change after a while. Beautiful ring what a great buy!

S

SparkliesLuver

Congrats on your new ring! :appl: This is my two cents: the orange blends in a bit too much with the rose gold - the only stone I really see is the spinel. So I think you should ask yourself if that's what you want or if you want something that pops along with the spinel. I don't think you can go wrong either way as it's really a matter of personal taste and budget.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that nothing really stands out (pink, orange and rose are all to similar), so it is more of an understated look. However, you have bought the ring and secondhand sales are final, so you either wear it as is or end up spending a lot of money on shipping to get the accent stones switched out.

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your input! I have decided to just go ahead and get the ring sent to me and play with it for a bit. I want to see how I like it in different lights. Maybe it will help me branch out from my comfort zone of blues and purples! Its also my first rose gold purchase so I'm curious to see how I like it and how it looks against some of my white gold rings.

I totally agree that the orange accent stones blends in with the rose gold. And really the spinel does too - they are all kind of in the same color family - reminds me of a sunset. I honestly can't decide if I like that or not - normally I am one that likes the stone to pop. But I do think its lovely. And I just couldn't resist that beautiful glowy Mahenge cab! I know I'm going to love it just because of that stone alone :)

That said, I'm glad I have the option to send it back to Yvonne if I really decide the accents stones aren't for me. She said even with making changes and what I paid for it preloved, it would still come out less than what it would cost to build one new. I also might take it into one of our very reputable local jewelers and see if they have any emeralds that might work for it and if they'd be willing to reset it. I will keep you all posted! And if anyone else has any input feel free to share

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a delicate looking and feminine ring; and what a bargain!!! Lucky u!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol just saw this thread! I am very excited for you sapphiremomma and whatever you decide to do with it! You could keep this as your sunset ring and get another one with WG and purple and blue for days you feel like cool colours!

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1460641644|4019211 said:
What a delicate looking and feminine ring; and what a bargain!!! Lucky u!

Thank you! I do feel quite lucky :mrgreen:

ilovegemstones said:
Lol just saw this thread! I am very excited for you sapphiremomma and whatever you decide to do with it! You could keep this as your sunset ring and get another one with WG and purple and blue for days you feel like cool colours!

I like your plan - the more the merrier. Colors for every mood :) Thank you so much again!! Can't wait to have it on my finger!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I actually think the ring is perfect as it is. It truly is a beautiful sunset ring!

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone - thought I'd post a quick update. Just received my ring in the mail today and I LOVE it. The spinel is just as pretty as I imagined and of course changes in all different lights. It really reminds me of a strawberry starburst jelly bean! And the accent stones look better in person and I think I will leave them as is. They are almost more yellow than orange. And while they do blend into the rose gold a bit, I think it lets the spinel take center stage while adding some golden sparkle. Here are some pics! Excuse my gross dry hands in desperate need of a manicure!

_3223.jpeg

_3224.jpeg

_3225.jpeg

_3227.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good in your pictures; the spinel really pops, so yes, I'd leave it as is too. It looks great!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that cab!
My vote for leave as is.....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's lovely as is, I'd leave it too.... I love cabs!!!

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
arkieb1 said:
I think it's lovely as is, I'd leave it too.... I love cabs!!!
Rfisher said:
Love that cab!
My vote for leave as is.....

Thank you! I am a big fan of cabs too. I love the glowy look of some of them, they seem more mysterious. Plus they seem to be less expensive too so bonus :dance:

Chrono said:
It looks good in your pictures; the spinel really pops, so yes, I'd leave it as is too. It looks great!

Thank you Chrono! Glad you think so!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you're leaving the ring as is. That Mahenge is just luscious. It looks like candy! :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you got it and it really does look amazing on you!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great price and beautiful on the hand! Glad you are not going to swap out any stones and keep as is.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great price and beautiful on the hand! Glad you are not going to swap out any stones and keep as is.

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!!! It makes me so happy to look at it. And it was a perfect fit for my right hand ring finger :) It was meant to be! I have gotten tons of compliments on it. And now I can't imagine it with any other accent stones :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous in real life! Congratulations :appl: .

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is so pretty on you!! It looks great in your pics.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!! The ring lioks amazing in your pics. The center stone takes center stage. Beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results