shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with inky little sapphires?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
My late aunt had two three-stone engagement rings (same husband, a slightly larger upgrade after a few years), both with small sapphires in what I think of as the English taste, blue that is almost black. One is sapphire/diamond/sapphire and one is diamond/sapphire/diamond. None of the stones is larger than about a quarter of a carat. They are mostly of sentimental value, but I was toying with the idea of having them all strung together as a sapphires-and-diamonds-by-the-yard bracelet. Any other ideas? My jeweler thought I should use them as stackers with my ruby three-stone as a sort of flag design.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
My usual awful picture so you can see what I am talking about. img_6253.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks to me like there are two diamonds and two sapphires that are close to the same size (smaller).........and then one sapphire and one diamond that are a bit larger and again closer to the same size.....(bigger than the other one's). If so, my thought would be to take the two larger gems (one of each) and set them in a pendant design that fits what you want, and use the smaller one's to make earrings in the pattern of the pendant. That way they can be worn as a set............. Just how I would do it IF the stones are the sizes I think they are. Good luck!
On second look it's probably easier to ask if all of them are close to the same size or visually larger/smaller than each other. I'd still play with the earring/pendant set as an option.....................

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
There are two nearly matching-size stones, the center sapphire and the center diamond; then two slightly smaller sapphires, then two really small diamonds. Had not thought about earrings because I don't have pierced ears but that is certainly worth considering.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish you a fun time with your project!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the bracelet idea. I did and Internet search and love this one. Personally I don't think I would like them as stacker rings. They would compete with your lovely ruby.

bracelet_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results