shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with extra length on tennis bracelet?

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Any ideas of how you'd convert an inch of tennis bracelet (I'm planning on buying one that's an inch too long) into a pendant / necklace, or another piece of jewelry?

I already wear this Y-style necklace as my everyday necklace:
C20E6BCA-21BE-44DA-98BA-4448A1D2DF06.jpeg

So even though it'd be simple to convert the extra length to a Y drop necklace I want to do something different.

I want to make something I can layer with the above, wearing on a shorter chain than my other necklace so it lays higher on my neck.

Maybe something like this:
D1887EDE-C068-4535-9769-966CE4849BFD.jpeg

Any ideas? It will be one inch approx of .04ct stones (that's approx 10 stones).

I'd be willing to do something other than a necklace too if I had the right idea!

Maybe a pinky ring?

Or diamond-drop earring jackets for my diamond studs? So the diamond studs in the piercing, with a half inch dangle . earring jacket like this (but much shorter) trailing down from each ear?
B19FF19E-0334-4C8A-B0E9-6CEFE08E0647.jpeg
F8AB3F28-C469-4A74-ADB8-052FE1E70E3F.jpeg
6C22FF7D-AFDE-4B82-BB33-B84E1449BE4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Depending on the size of the individual stones, you could do a 1/2-3/4 eternity sized for middle or index to pair with the bracelet (I’m not a fan of pinky rings).

I like the idea of jackets for earrings, but I don’t think there’s enough stones to achieve adequate length. Some other ideas (assuming labour cost is not outrageous):

- long drop earring jackets (so basically a length of plain chain ending at the jawbone level) with perhaps a horizontal bar of 5 stones, or with 5 stones set as a single round shape

- asymmetrical earring jackets (ten stones in a single line ending in a pearl on one side, just a single pearl on the other, worn with your studs).

- pendant&earring set: 4/6 stones set as a bar necklace like in your inspiration pic, with a pair of bar earring studs with the remaining stones (2/3 stones in each earring).

- bar earring studs: 5 stones on either side in a bar earring stud (I think Tiffany has something like this if I’m not mistaken)

- DBTY necklace or bracelet (but I’m not a fan of DBTYs so this wouldn’t be my no 1 choice).

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Depending on the size of the individual stones, you could do a 1/2-3/4 eternity sized for middle or index to pair with the bracelet (I’m not a fan of pinky rings).

I like the idea of jackets for earrings, but I don’t think there’s enough stones to achieve adequate length. Some other ideas (assuming labour cost is not outrageous):

- long drop earring jackets (so basically a length of plain chain ending at the jawbone level) with perhaps a horizontal bar of 5 stones, or with 5 stones set as a single round shape

- asymmetrical earring jackets (ten stones in a single line ending in a pearl on one side, just a single pearl on the other, worn with your studs).

- pendant&earring set: 4/6 stones set as a bar necklace like in your inspiration pic, with a pair of bar earring studs with the remaining stones (2/3 stones in each earring).

- bar earring studs: 5 stones on either side in a bar earring stud (I think Tiffany has something like this if I’m not mistaken)

- DBTY necklace or bracelet (but I’m not a fan of DBTYs so this wouldn’t be my no 1 choice).

Great ideas! Thank you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results