shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with a 1/2ct marquise diamond?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
DH and I got engaged many moons ago with a 1/2cttw set from Zales when I was 19. We said someday we would upgrade the tiny center marquise to a 1/2ct. For our 5th anniversary we went a different direction and upgraded to a 1ct oval in platinum, but with our 10th anniversary coming up next year I've returned to our nieve dreams of that 1/2ct marquise. I've purchased a loose one, and now need some ideas of how to set it in a RHR. So, what would you do with one?

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
put it in a pendant... or buy a second one and make a pair of earrings :wacko:

do we get to see pics of it loose?

danners84

Rough_Rock
How fun! Happy anniversary! I think it's sweet to go back to your original plan.

I'd do pear side stones or a halo, N-S or E-W. Maybe with sapphires if you like a little color.

Do you have a link to your oval ring?? I'd love to see it!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Flush set EW in a ring that flows in the same general shape, satin finish. If you are sentimental, add a small birthstone accent (yours on one side, his on the other), also flush set.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I'll have to get some pics of it up. I've posted my oval before, it's E/W on a knife edge band. I was leaning towards E/W for the marquise too, and maybe a bezel to keep it wearable, possibly some rose gold too. I remeber catching the end prongs on my tiny marquise on stuff all the time!

For some reason this ring really appeals to me:

danners84

Rough_Rock
I LOVE that ring. Original, some rose gold, the bezel - and I love that the stone is at an angle. Looks like there are a few burnished diamonds in the white gold part of the band. Would you keep those as well?

Do you remember the approximate time you posted pics of the oval? I don't mind digging with a relative time-frame, but now that we can't search through a posters topics, it's impossible to find anything anymore!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving that bezel look with the bypass!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
E-W bezel pendant

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that bezeled by pass ring it's beautiful.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I REALLY like the ring that you chose. Very unique and would be a great RHR.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Halo it! Here's a fairly inexpensive option http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-14k-White-G ... Fine_Rings

I halo'd a hald carat marquise (with this LOGR setting) for my mom, and her friends have literally jumped out of their seat to get a better look! She wears a size 8 and it looks great. Her only complaint is that she wishes the band were thicker, but..I think the thin band helps play up the size of the half carat marquise and maximizes its face up size.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I have an E/W oval diamond 1/2 bezel pendant, so this baby is going in a ring for sure. And while *I* like halos, DH prefers much more modern styles, so I'm pretty sure halos and antique styles will be out. I want to let him have as much freedom as possible with the design, since I've had a hand in basically all jewelry purchases and for once I feel like being surprised a bit :)

Here's a quick pic of my ring set for reference, I've had them about 4 years:

ringset11.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
ETA: I love the link you posted!! I'd burnish a few bright rubies in the band instead of/in addition to the diamonds. Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results