shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with 25 .10 princess cut stones?

300GCP

Rough_Rock
I have 25 .10 princess cut stones from an old uternity band. I'm looking for some ideas about what to do with them. Are they too small for a diamonds by the yard type of necklace? What other ideas are out there?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I personally think they're too small for DBTY - I tend to prefer 0.25ish for those.

Scattered diamond band a la etoile? I haven't seen them with princess cut stones, but it should work. You couldn't use all 25 though.

Illusion set earrings (4 princesses together to make one larger square for each ear)? People don't recommend illusion settings here because of durability, but I think they're ok for earrings. We don't tend to bang our ears around a lot...

Channel-set bangle?

300GCP

Rough_Rock
What does the scattered diamond band you mentioned look like?

I have a Tiffany's diamonds by the yard bracelet and the stones in it are smaller than .10, I think, so that's why I am sort of debating it.

I'm thinking of making earrings like the ones below (borrowed from show me the bling and also .10 carat stones, but rounds) and either a diamonds by the yard or a channel set bangle as you suggested.

diah5.jpg

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
How about a sleek long pendant? I wish I could find a picture of one but its literally a long column in which one stone follows another in a contemporary design...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the DBTY necklace would be really nice. Earrings or a bracelet would be nice too. I am sure whatever you pick will be really pretty.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think DBTY dangle earrings with 3 or 4 diamonds per drop would look awesome, and the rest in a DBTY necklace. Yummy!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally love the idea of a DBTY bracelet with kite set princess stones. The renaming stones could be a DBTY necklace! :bigsmile:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Kite set DBTY bracelet and huggies sound great to me:)

300GCP

Rough_Rock
If I did huggies with 10 of the diamonds, do you think 15 diamonds is enough to do a DBTY necklace or would I be confined to a bracelet?

300GCP

Rough_Rock
Do you think whiteflash or brian gavin would do this with diamonds I already own? Or do you think I'll be hard pressed to find someone to do it because all I don't need to actually purchase any diamonds?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Brian would do it with diamonds you already own. I think that is the perfect size for DBY necklace!

Look at the standard DBY necklaces that Brian makes. I think they use 7 stones under .10 cts. for a 16" chain. I'd probably do 9 if having one custom made. So technically, you could have a necklace and bracelet made in addition to the huggies. The only thing is, I think you may need to use 6 stones on each of the huggie earrings, because princess cuts are a little smaller than rounds, so I think you may need a 6th stone to have the stones cover the front half of the huggie. That would leave 13, so if you used 9 for the necklace, you'd only have 4 left for the bracelet and I'd probably want at least 5-6 for that. Nothings wrong with adding a couple of stones to make everything work out right, though!

Kilops

Rough_Rock
Eat them. :lickout:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a heads up, the most recent feedback I got from Whiteflash is that they will not longer set customers' melee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results