shape
carat
color
clarity

what to do with 16 .23 certified stones from eternity ring?

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
I have a shared prong eternity ring made. I have 16 .23 ideal cut h and a, d color, vvs1 stones.
I don't like the ring as it rubs and scratches others. Each stone was around 850! What can
I do. With them? I need ideas!!!!!! I would love to get a single diamond as I have no ering right now.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: what to do with 16 .23 certified stones from eternity ri

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this. I've had an eternity ring made recently of 0.23ct's and so far, I've not scratched anyone - yet! and it's ultra comfy - in fact, much more so than I'd imagined.

Could it be to do with the setting? Do you have pics of the ring you could share? mine is set very low.

If you still want to reset it, how about a bracelet or better still a bangle, set with diamonds on the half that faces up - like DF's recent acquisition?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stones that large in an eternity ring really can make it hard to wear with other rings. You didn't want to keep it to wear as a stand-alone ring? It sounds beautiful!

If you want to take it apart, you could have a diamonds-by-the-yard type necklace (and bracelet) made, although those stones are larger than you usually see in those pieces.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

do you mean it scratches other rings? if so this is a problem with those type of settings...you would need to get a small spacer band to protect your other rings and then you should be fine.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Make a bracelet. Hoop earrings. Sell/consign stones if no longer wanted.

cheers--Sharon

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

Count the number of stones that show face up without touching the sides of your other fingers and have those set in a 5 or 7 stone style ring. This way you get the look of an eternity but the comfort of a plain band. I adore the look of a big eternity but they always looked so uncomfortable...I'm sorry you had to discover that after the ring was purchased. I would use the remaining stones in a bracelet or necklace...maybe diamond by the yard style?

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade

DBTY is definitely the first thing that popped into my mind!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Hmmm...you could do a DBTY necklace and bezel studs and maybe a bracelet (depending how many stones you wanted on the necklace).

if you want a larger single diamond, I would contact the vendor where you got the stones and see what they would give you for a trade-in.

you could try to sell them on your own, but that can be difficult and the prices are usually lower.

You could also do a bezel eternity band, but those stones are really large for that, so it would definitely be more of a statement piece.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock

Phoenix|1305566701|2923151 said:
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this. I've had an eternity ring made recently of 0.23ct's and so far, I've not scratched anyone - yet! and it's ultra comfy - in fact, much more so than I'd imagined.

Could it be to do with the setting? Do you have pics of the ring you could share? mine is set very low.

If you still want to reset it, how about a bracelet or better still a bangle, set with diamonds on the half that faces up - like DF's recent acquisition?

Same here...mine are 23 pointers tool and my eternity (u-prong) is very comfortable. I made sure that the "u" part were made very low and prongs were rounded. I wonder if it's the setting.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock

You could use them to make diamond hoop earrings, and a seven stone ring if you bought an extra diamond :appl:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock

It looks like you just had this ring made. Is there any possibility you could return them? From your previous posts, I think you know you'd lose quite a bit by selling the ring on the secondary market. You can try to consign them or reset it into a lower setting.

On the other hand, if you feel the need for bling on your finger, why don't you make two rows of 7- or 8-stones? That way, you can see all of the stones on the top of your finger, and it shouldn't be uncomfortable.

(Oh, and let's see some handshots of that bling!!!)

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for all the ideas! I tried to post pic but it didn't work. :(
Anyway, diamonds appear to be ok. It is just the metal that is scratching my channel set band.
I may just wear it on other hand. I really wanted to trade up, but GOG (where - bought stones from) will not allow that.
:(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It would be very odd for the metal to be scratching other rings. Usually it is the stones. Try to post the picture again. Maybe it is too large so try reducing the size. It is super easy to upload pictures here, usually. It almost sounds like you have changed your mind about what you want?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

i'd have them reset into a more comfortable eternity band or sell it and use the $ to buy a diamond since you don't have an e-ring right now.

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Hi, how are they rubbing against each other? Do you mean the prongs are scratching?
You have to look at it this way. You have added value in the diamonds because they all match each other. 16 matching D VVS H&A rounds aren't that easy to find. If you break the lot of diamonds up you're going to lose this value. If you try to sell them, I think you'd be taking a big hit since a jeweler would give you a fraction on the dollar of what you paid. So, my reommendation would be to try to work in a band that's more comfortably made.

Good luck.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

Ok, I am a computer moron, it says my upload is unsuccessful. Anyway, it is just your basic shared prong eternity like the harry winston model. It is definitely the platinum that is scratching, but I think any 2 platinum bands give little scratches when rubbed together. Platinum scratches easily, or at least always has with me. I could wear it on the right hand I suppose, but it doesn't fit, so I would have to get a whole new ring made! And yes, it was extremely difficult to get all of them H & A and matching. It took over a year to find all the stones. Selling it would be my first choice, but I don't want to take a huge hit, so I may just keep it and only wear it on occassion. What are everyone's thoughts on channel set for stones this large? Or bead set?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

abby maybe try shrinking the file? or message admin and get them to upload the pic?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results