shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with 12 2mm diamonds?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I have a wedding band with 12- 2mm diamonds that are from my grandma who passed away. They are very special to me so I want to make something that will be worn all the time. The band as it is now is too tall/ too big for my new e-ring.

Any ideas on what I could do with them? There are a lot more diamonds this size from her cluster ring also that I could potentially use if needed or I could add some of the same size.

Picture of the ring as is- it’s the larger ring.
Second picture shows how high it sits on my finger.

AEDC5192-5E75-4876-83FF-408DFDC928AF.jpeg

6E76A9FC-6475-4F44-80D0-F9A823357113.png

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Maybe a dbty bracelet?

Ahh good idea! I’ve never work bracelets but I’ve never had a beautiful diamond one either! Or a dbty necklace and I could add more diamonds? I do really love pendants though so I’m not sure about necklace vs bracelet.

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
i think a dbty bracelet or necklace is a wonderful idea!! with a necklace especially, she can be close to your heart :kiss2:

btw i love your yorkie!! they are the best!! i have 5 :lol-2: one was being anti-social when this picture was taken lol

1E0EA03F-164D-4392-848F-DBB40FFE783B.jpeg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering...Is 2mm small for DBTY?
IMO 2mm is nice for a halo or maybe a cluster pendant If you have a larger stone to use as a center. Extra 2mm diamonds could be used for an additional halo around the side of a pendant or bracelet. You could make a freeform style ring. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
i think a dbty bracelet or necklace is a wonderful idea!! with a necklace especially, she can be close to your heart :kiss2:

btw i love your yorkie!! they are the best!! i have 5 :lol-2: one was being anti-social when this picture was taken lol

1E0EA03F-164D-4392-848F-DBB40FFE783B.jpeg

Oh my... so adorable . Our yorkie is always anti-social so I understand!

I love that idea of having her close to my heart!

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
i love that idea too !

This could be really pretty. The only problem is that I don’t love her birth stone. It’s a tanzanite. I love blue sapphire, garnet (my birth stone), ruby (my moms birth stone).

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
What about a gemstone in your grandmother's favourite colour/birthstone, with a halo of the diamonds around it? bt-8125n_front.jpg

Okay, so I’ve done some research looking at necklaces like this. My biggest concern is that it looks a little fancy for everyday wear... I’m a stay at home mom so I don’t dress up often, which is why a simple pendant works will for me usually. What do you think?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Also, sorry if my reply’s are weird or out of order. I’m super new to PS and trying to figure out posting!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, sorry if my reply’s are weird or out of order. I’m super new to PS and trying to figure out posting!

Here is an inspirational pic of a heart pendant that I am having made, it is not too blingy which is what I want:

How about an open heart like a circle pendant with paved diamonds?

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This could be really pretty. The only problem is that I don’t love her birth stone. It’s a tanzanite. I love blue sapphire, garnet (my birth stone), ruby (my moms birth stone).

im not an expert but tanzanite is a relative new comer as a December birth stone - there is also turquois and zircon

its a lovelly project and just enjoy the process - the perfect idea might come to you in your sleep
looking forward to following along with your ideas

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is an inspirational pic of a heart pendant that I am having made, it is not too blingy which is what I want:

Heart Pendant.jpg

How about an open heart like a circle pendant with paved diamonds?

i do love that too :appl:

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
i do love that too :appl:
im not an expert but tanzanite is a relative new comer as a December birth stone - there is also turquois and zircon

its a lovelly project and just enjoy the process - the perfect idea might come to you in your sleep
looking forward to following along with your ideas

Yes, I have a while to decide. This will probably be a 2021 project but I like to plan ahead haha! I’m looking all of these ideas up here to see some pictures and see what’s speaks to me. DBTY bracelet is probably my favorite look but I think my diamonds are too small. I will either use them in some kind of necklace or possibly create a bangle (I’m liking this idea). I think a bangle with 2mm stones could possibly be good for everyday wear!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have a while to decide. This will probably be a 2021 project but I like to plan ahead haha! I’m looking all of these ideas up here to see some pictures and see what’s speaks to me. DBTY bracelet is probably my favorite look but I think my diamonds are too small. I will either use them in some kind of necklace or possibly create a bangle (I’m liking this idea). I think a bangle with 2mm stones could possibly be good for everyday wear!

I am not keen on bangles myself for daily wear, as they would interfere with my typing on the keyboard or laptop.

However, I am having an open bangle made, with the opening on the inner wrist without the knobbly ends, just a thick wire about 2.5mm.

How about channel setting them in a bar, and then made into a bracelet with chains on both sides?

This is my own bracelet made with repurposed stones given to me by my mum, 6 smaller ones in a ring, and 2 loose ones retained for making into a pair of earrings (the chain was twisted on one side in the photo).

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I put pendants on my dbty necklace all the time! It’s sort of like a really fancy chain lol
@MakingTheGrade
I love your DBTY.....and layered with your new gray is Awesome! Not to thread jack,but do you have pictures of pendants on your DBTY? I would love a DBTY to wear my new DK pendant on. Currently wearing it on a black leather cord. :)

Last edited:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you don't want to reset them into a lower eternity ring setting, perhaps for yiur right hand so it does not compete with your ering, what about a bar necklace? It will look casual, and a little trendy, which has it's pros/cons. 20200325_180659.jpg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
If you don't want to reset them into a lower eternity ring setting, perhaps for yiur right hand so it does not compete with your ering, what about a bar necklace? It will look casual, and a little trendy, which has it's pros/cons. 20200325_180659.jpg

I love this...classy and very wearable.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock

I will have to look up some neck shots of these bar necklaces! Good idea!

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
What about Huggies? The only issue I can think with them would be that I have toddlers so I’m not sure how practical they’d be.

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
Will a DBTY bracelet or a bar bracelet work?

bracelet stack (2).jpg

Or a gypsy-set diamond bangle or ring? 2mm diamonds would still stand out.

gypsy set ring 1.jpeg

gypsy set ring 2.jpeg

starburst ring.jpg

gypsy set ring 3.jpeg

cartier-pink-gold-and-diamond-love-ring_15034126_24916983_2048.jpg

cartier_love-bracelet-rose-gold-diamonds.jpg

or a small cluster band

cluster band.jpg

cluster band 2.jpg

I love that bar bracelet! I’m leaning toward some type of bracelet. Either a DBTY or bar set/ bangle.
I’m thinking bangle may be better for my size diamonds. I do like those rings. I’ve also considered doing a U-Prong ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bangle and I type a ton! It’s very form fitting so I don’t even notice it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results