shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with 10mm round stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m quite close to purchasing a fabulous stone. Only problem is, it seems quite big -- 10mm. How would you set it? It''s a deeper color, and is round. Would a ring be too gaudy? Should I be looking for pendant settings?

We need more info Karee. Not least of all how deep is the stone? At a diameter of 10mm, I''m guessing it''s going to be quite deep. What type of gem is it and what colour is it?

For the record, I think Coati''s JM setting is just about my favourite for a round, but it will depend on what your getting as to whether or not that would be suitable.

It''s about 7.5mm deep.

It''s an amethyst and is a deep purple.

Never mind. It has already been sold.
15.gif
38.gif
39.gif

Too bad. It was fabulous!!

00522.jpg

yes, it was. who is/was the vendor?

mz

ps didn''t seem that big to me but then i like BIG stones.

It looks like the one from Finewater.
21.gif

Man, you guys know your stuff. Yes, it was from Finewater. :P

But, good news is, Gary has more of this rough and is going to cut me a smaller version!!!!!! Yay!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Aaaaw to the one you liked being sold. But hooray your getting one thats the right size for you. Don''t forget to post photos :)

10 mm round isn't too bad; I just got my 10 mm square cushion spess set in a ring and I love it.

That stone looks fabulous in person btw
31.gif
Its great that he has more rough to cut you another one, can''t wait to see it!

Date: 3/18/2009 2:49:40 PM
Author: Babyblue033
That stone looks fabulous in person btw
31.gif
Its great that he has more rough to cut you another one, can''t wait to see it!

Ooh, do you have the 10mm one!?!?! Pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wow, that was yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics