shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do when you can''t have your e-ring and your wedding band too?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I love love love the Daniel K Union Square asscher, and thought, that''s the ring. However, it will not work with a wedding band. Basically, the split shank means you don''t really need a wedding band - and can''t have one.

However, it makes me sad to think that I won''t wear a wedding band. I always thought there was something nice about wearing an engagement ring that says, I am going to marry this person, and then later wearing a wedding ring that says together forever. And while the Daniel K doesn''t need a wedding band, for sentimental reasons (and because I think the wedding band tells other people you are married and that''s also important) I want one. And I want to wear it on my left hand, with my e-ring, because otherwise (to me) its just a pretty ring without the symbolism or tradition behind it.

Can anyone think of a solution? Other than going with a different ring?

(I did actually see a split shank at a different jeweller that would sit with a wedding band ... does anyone have one like that, or pictures of one?)

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
My former e-ring was a 3 carat in a low pave''d split shank--i wore a three carat band of channel set square cuts and it didnt set flush and i didnt care.................i think a wedding band is the reall deal. Its the really important part and I agree with you totally. Even if its a super thin platinum/ or gold ....otherwise you''ve just bought a beautiful ring for the rings sake....

There are plenty of days i wear just my wedding band but never do i just wear my e-ring

orange_horse_fiance

Rough_Rock
I too am very sentimental about wearing an engagement rind AND wedding ring. I am selecting an Asscher cut stone as my diamond. My fiance has been looking for the perfect stone since August. I was also very indecsiive about the setting for the exact same reasons.

My BEST advice is to try on a lot of settings with the stone you love placed in it. I love all of the Daniel K settings, but see the problem. The setting I finally fell in love with was actually not one I would have expected to love like I do. The setting I decided on was mot suitable for a flush set wedding band, but we are working with a super local jeweler that is modifying the setting so that I can use two eternity bands on either side of it.

I think once you start trying on settings with the stone that you love placed in them the picture will become much clearer for you. Good luck and just find someone really great that can also be really flexible and full of vision.

OHF

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have to, get it made to fit flush.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You can 1) Live with a gap by getting a very thin wedding band 2) Get something custom made to fit closely with your e-ring or 3) move your Daniel K to your right hand, which many people do, and just wear your wedding ring on your left.

I agree with you about the w-ring. My w-ring is more precious to me than my e-ring, since it symbolizes our lifetime commitment. It''s also nice to have a w-ring for times when you don''t want to wear an expensive piece of jewelry around but still want people to know you''re taken!

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I have some suggestions for you...I''ve seen that ring and it is beautiful! I too was interested in something similar, and found this site : http://www.icestore.com/rings/platinum_accent_settings.asp

They have a lot of beautiful rings!! And since most of their mountings are made by hand you might have better luck getting a band to match. Or...can you make a split-shank wedding band that fits over the band of the e-ring?

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I''m sentimental too & would want to wear my wedding band with my e-ring on the same hand. I have friends who wear their e-rings on their left & their wedding band on the right & they tell me that some people assume they''re like forever engaged & never married. I guess it''s the 21st century & that would happen more often. I''m in somewhat of the same predicament as you, I want my wedding band to sit flush with my ering but the diamond wedding band I want won''t so I''m going to end up with the plain band to match my solitaire. Its okay though, save me a few bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results